A little psychology anyone?

[ab...]

So my question is:  a psychologist would recommend to keep on facing the situation so it doesn't become a bigger problem.  But a doctor would recommend rest and relaxation to accelerate healing (ie - Don't fight it too hard) .  So which one do we choose?

I know that's a tough question -but I'm curious to hear your thoughts

For me it is a matter of balancing the two, Abby.  I had to have the rest and relaxation so I could face those social situations but I do think it's important to face them.  Also I used the "baby steps" approach to facing my fears until I gained the confidence that I needed.  Initially, just interacting with clerks in a store was as much as I could handle.  However, those successes helped me expand my comfort zone until now I don't even think about it.  A few weeks ago I went to a party where I only knew 4 of the about 20 people there and did fine.  Yay!

I went head on against it and won.

Within 3 days of CTing I was going to supermarkets, malls and game centres, the most noisy horrible places there are, and challenging myself to stay in longer unaccompanied and walk certain routes.

Only way to condition against something is to face it, rest and relaxation won't condition one to an experience..............just like a eunuch in a harem, they know everything about carnal pleasures (through observation and thought) but lack the tools to perform  ;)

I vote for go at it full force.  Win or die trying! There are no second places!

"Face your fears and they will disappear"  Author: Some 5 year old I knew

Sorry!  That memory just popped into my head and I couldn't resist!