Another Bladder infection

[te...]

:sick: Here I am with another bladder infection. I was on Ceftin every 12 hours. It is so hard to find an antibiotic that won't 'clash' with Klonopin & Zoloft. Any ideas out there? :-[ Teacher 2

The only antibiotic I've been able to take without sxs is Augmentin, but that might not be suitable for the kind of infections you have. I've been having plenty of urogenital problems myself. It SUCKS but it can be a part of w/d.

Just stay away from the fluoroquinolones. The other a/b's might cause you to take a hit but sometimes we've just got to suck it up. In my case my sxs dissipated within 3-4 days after finishing the a/b course.

Thanks Princzz! At first I was put on Cipro! Then I went to Drugs.com--Drug interactions and discovered that I could not take Cipro with K & Z! Next I was put on Augmentin--I ended up in the hospital--BP shot way up and heart rate went way down. Third try was a cephalosporin--Guess it is just not strong enough. I have some D-Mannose which is supposed to be good for UTI's but I'm unsure how it will react with K & Z. ~sigh~ back to the dr. I guess :sick:  Teacher2

I've heard of that d-mannose stuff. Supposedly it is just a sugar, but will work if you have an e coli infection. It's worth a try!

Have been to the doctor three times already this week! Last antibiotic was Omnicef. Anxiety was horrific and BP very high. I have chugged water like crazy. But the pain and back pain are still there :-[ Thanks for answering!

Teacher2

have you tried amoxicillin?  this is used for UTI's.  i took bactrim and it made my symptoms of anxiety a lot worse.

best wishes...i know those can be rough.  if you have a lot of lower back pain be sure to tell your doctor because this could mean a more serious situation like a kidney infection.