Author Topic: Understanding Morning Anxiety  (Read 91221 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Understanding Morning Anxiety
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 02:44:22 pm »
Does anyone know if this morning anxiety disappears totally when you are fully-recovered or have the benzos damaged to you to an extent where you will always have it .. Even if you never had anxiety before??

If you didn't have it before benzo's, you won't after you heal.  It all goes away [...], all of it, well except the memory of course.  But that memory loses it's power after awhile too, I don't have PTSD or any other labels from this experience, just profound gratitude to have learned a valuable lesson.

Thanks [...] That is encouraging ... I am further along in my recovery since my last post on this thread - the major morning anxiety has now gone but I still have difficult moments when waking in terms of a kind of nervousness.  But overall it is improving slowly.

[...]

I'm glad you're seeing improvement [...].  :)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 04:38:58 am »
why are the adrenal glands and whatever gland it is that gives off cortisol so active during this process?  how does this relate to the gaba receptors i wonder?

are the gaba receptors supposed to absorb this stuff
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 11:33:48 am »
Do people manage to go to work through their anxiety? I have to return to work soon following sick leave after an operation.  My morning anxiety can be terrible at times.  Do people feel that work is a help or a hinderance? I am worried about returning to work, I can't afford to not work.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 12:38:42 pm »
Hi,
Good thoughts for me on getting up. I think I will have to work on one thing at a time - there are so many good thoughts, I will get confused (maybe even anxious  ;D) trying to remember them all. I find comfort in knowing it is not me and it is not the day ahead, but the result of drugs/sleep/low blood sugar. Getting up as quickly as possible helps. One change at a time for now - and so many options to try. Thank you.

[...],
About work. I work. I know I am not as good at it as I would like to be, but I get it done. Funny thing to me is that I don't think most people know I am suffering. I am not 100% sure, but I really don't think they do. There have been days I can't go to work and not much I can do about that. I really, really [...] that you can manage working, especially if you need to do so. It is a hard call, but with you all the best with it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 12:42:32 pm »
good info. thanks.  i hate morning anxiety. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 12:43:33 pm »
Yup - I can't agree more about hating it!!!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 02:22:32 pm »
Morning anxiety can be a real beast to leash. I have found that a good walk (or run) is very helpful in burning off some of that adrenalin and anxious feeling; you need to come to a good sweat though (at first, I found that sweating was difficult; the medicines had done something to slow down this natural, essential process but it will get better as you continue)--this will make a difference and makes everything so much more tolerable.

Blessings,

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 03:26:05 pm »
when I am woke up by the phone/alarm the kids, I jump up sometimes in a panic and throws me into a panic attack. I am still tapering off klonopin. I hate this.

:thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2011, 04:44:15 am »
[...] i teach high school and did not know if i could make it back.  i was still in tough shape - still am actually but i found i can do it one day at a time.  some days are brutal; most mornings are too - but the distraction helps the days go by faster

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2011, 05:43:16 am »
Thanks [...] and [...], well I worked 3 days last week and it nearly killed me. I intend to try it again this week and if I can't do it, I just can't!  When the anxiet is high I find it so difficult to concentrate. If I can't do it, Illl have to go sick and pray income protection insurance will kick in.