Author Topic: Understanding Morning Anxiety  (Read 87176 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Understanding Morning Anxiety
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2017, 11:37:30 pm »
Hi All,

I've now been on 150mg Zoloft for 4 days and have been feeling much better. That's relative of course as I still have anxiety, depression, tinnitus, nervousness etc but it's much better and what's really great is that I'm sleeping better and waking up with less anxiety. So my anxiety in the morning is much much better. It's not full of dread and not thinking about getting a heart attack or stroke to put me out of my misery. Again it's not perfect but it's much better. So I want to summarize that I'm taking 150mg Zoloft in the morning, 6mg diazepam around 9am and 50mg Trazadone at bedtime. I also take magnesium, vitamin d and Omega 3.

With that said, I slept well last night and woke up with less anxiety again however I have had anxiety and nervousness most of the day today. I believe that this is because i had too much sugar last evening. I ate 2 pieces of cake, some chocolate and three glasses of OJ. For the last 10 weeks I've been trying to keep my sugar intake to a minimum as I believe it effects my symptoms considerably.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #151 on: September 06, 2017, 08:02:11 pm »
I wake up most mornings in a state of "fight or flight" even before i was using bento's. Trembling, nausea, anxiety through the roof, dreading the day. Makes sense that it is cortisol or low blood sugar. I don't sleep very good. I usually wake up every other hour and sleep talk a lot which tells me that my mind never completely shuts down. It is frustrating and makes my mornings that much harder.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #152 on: October 04, 2017, 07:03:05 pm »
I attest I also have it worse in mornings. Was always an afternoon person, (if not an owl), but i didn't have a horrible stomach feel before taking benzos, or morning intense depression and stress, before starting benzos. Was always sluggish in morning unlike other people who are most energized in mornings, but with benzos morning have become a nightmare.

I yearn for the day I will wake up and feel energized (even if sluggish) like when I hadn't touched that evil drug yet. :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #153 on: October 25, 2017, 02:51:40 am »
Certainly benzo withdrawal presents a unique experience and some of these tips won't put a dent in the anxiety it produces, but if someone starts practicing them now, there will be little need to reach for a pill in the future.

[Buddie]

« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2017, 01:05:31 am »
Intense morning anxiety was what made me realize I had become dependent on the 'occasional use' of Xanax. I recently started seeing a new ND who recommended I take Cortisol Manager by Integrated Therapeutics at night before bed, and now I rarely wake up with the morning anxiety buzz.

[Buddie]

« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2017, 07:45:28 pm »
I C/T'd 9 weeks ago now and my morning anxiety has been getting better and better ever since. In fact the last week I haven't had anything. I believe once you get off benzos you will all be better.

[Buddie]

« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2018, 02:38:41 am »
It's now been 6 months free of Benzos and I'm getting more windows and less waves. When in a window I usually sleep better and wake up with less morning anxiety. When in wave I don't sleep as well and suffer from morning anxiety. I hate it and I can't seem to control it. For me it usually lasts through the morning and sometimes into the afternoon.

Has anyone learned any new tricks?

[Buddie]

« Reply #157 on: March 29, 2018, 02:16:08 am »
This morning was the worst morning for me so far. I think for me , it is finding out just two months ago from my new doctor what I have been taking all these years. And finding that I must now endure a withdrawal, and for all of us <Its a huge guessing game. And a lot of fear.
So I have stressed and stressed over this, and the whole pill cutting tapering thing... And finally this morning I woke up with depression and anxiety that was off the charts.
This was MY waking up problem.
The day and the bright sunlight seem to freak me out worse than the night.
I guess its my own feelings that now what felt like a care free life, is not ..I have this taper to do. And all the things tapering can cause..
its real fear of the unknown for me..

[Buddie]

« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2018, 05:04:34 pm »
Some mornings I am very anxious. When I was very depressed and in the early days of tapering off a high dose of Valium I wanted to just stay in bed but I didn't. Even though I was off long term sick from work I still got up early. I tried to keep to some sense of a routine. Now I'm at a much lower dose, 2mg working down to 1mg I still get anxious but can keep it under control more. Friends have recently said I seem a lot calmer than I was. If only they knew . Most days I'm finding it hard going with withdrawing and the side effects ...

[Buddie]

« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2018, 11:04:58 pm »
What a great post! I am going to try having that protein snack tomorrow right when I wake up. :thumbsup: