nausea and stomach cramps really bad help

Dear BB, Please.  I said i took take the physical over the mental symptoms any day... Yes that is true... This morning though afater breakfast i am experiencing severe stomach cramps that hurt so bad... Nausea really bad.. The cramps though are extreme... I do not have the energy to go see a Doctor plus I have w/d right now.. Is the pain and cramps in the tummy from w/d... I just took a charcoal pill natural.. Is that okay.

i also cannot digest my food.  Everything I eat repeats on me.. does that happen to yu.. I appreciate any help for this.

Thank you BB. Luv, Mishi

PS.. I am also feeling dizzy that is probably from the cramps..

Hi Mishi,

Many of our members, including me, have had to deal with G.I issues/upsets during withdrawal and recovery.  If, however, you are concerned or the pain worsens, you would be wise to consult a medical professional.  Could this have anything to do with the stone you have?

Hi Mishi,

I've been off of Ambien for 2 1/2 months now and last week I started getting severe stomach pains with lots of burning, gnawing sensations, and bloating. I've also been nauseous. I went to the doc the other day and they think it's heartburn. I guess I misunderstood what heartburn was....Anyhow, I've been taking prilosec and pepto which have helped. I hope you start to feel better!!!

-katie

Hi Mishi,

Many of our members, including me, have had to deal with G.I issues/upsets during withdrawal and recovery.  If, however, you are concerned or the pain worsens, you would be wise to consult a medical professional.  Could this have anything to do with the stone you have?

Hi bevoir, how are you doing?  I do not think it is the stone, but who knows anything is possible at this point.. Hope your life is filled with joy and peace.. Is your name a French name... My parents are French.  Thank you for the concern alway's

Luv, Mishi

I have copied and pasted what I wrote in another thread about this problem...not something I usually do but I thought it could be the easiest way for me to contribute to this thread:

I have had stomach problems consisting of gas and cramps/bloating, and tests by my doctor found nothing.  The pain starts in my stomach and later ends up lower down, and he said it's IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) due to anxiety.  I think gastritis is similar, it could even be that since my doctor said it wasn't a definite diagnosis.  Not saying yours is the same but this has varied a lot in symptoms and location, and has seemed like spasm or inflammation sometimes.  I didn't think it could be IBS due to beginning in the stomach but I suppose the entire digestive tract can be irritated due to anxiety or benzo withdrawal.  Withdrawal has definitely made it worse.

Buscopan/hyoscine butylbromide, available over the counter, has helped me a lot.  It isn't addictive or tolerance causing as far as I know, and shouldn't affect GABA receptors, since it's an anticholinergic.  Hyoscine hydrobromide is also used for nausea and could possibly work just as well, but it could cause psychoative effects in anyone sensitive to it (not likely at recommended doses however).

I also found that not eating enough really made my stomach and bowel worse and more bloated, which seemed to run against logic.  Eating shortly before bed also made things a lot worse sometimes, as did eating large amounts of a food I seem intolerant to.  Taking digestive enzymes with meals could help if it's an inability to digest particular foods, and they have helped me somewhat, but cutting out anything the digestive system can't handle can work wonders.

My stomach has kept me awake at night, and I have worried about it sometimes.  Some sort of therapy could maybe help with any stomach problems that are linked in any way to anxiety, aswell as some drug that can reduce anxiety without affecting gaba-a receptors.  I have found baclofen and phenibut helpful for anxiety, but they can cause their own problems even though they are mainly gaba-b agonists.  They can have withdrawal symptoms and some people report finding phenibut addictive.  I am trying mirtazapine/Remeron again now, as it did seem to help with anxiety in the past and hopefully will not feature any tolerance.

Pseudoephedrine (Sudafed) has upset my digestive system a lot and kept me awake at night with it, probably both as a direct stomach effect and a stimulant effect.  I also think codeine may be affecting my digestive system adversely.  Be sure to think of any and all medicines you take, since any of them can cause problems like this, and I would caution against things like codeine and pseudoephedrine anyway due to them being psychoactive.

Also, definitely stop eating anything you strongly suspect as a cause of gut problems, or at least see what happens when you switch between eating and not eating suspected foods.  I found that the problem can sometimes happen many hours after certain foods, much longer than you would expect.

I hope this helps.

Hi Mishi,

Sorry you are suffering so much.  I had GI problems when I first started to taper.  It was so bad I had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy and both came back normal.  I tried taking Nexium and Prevacid but both made my stomach hurt worse. I know now that it was all benzo related and I no longer have this problem.  It went away after about a month.  I think the anxiety from thinking something was wrong with me contributed to my symptoms.  Once I found out everything was normal, I stopped worrying about it and it went away. Hopefully you will feel better soon.