Headaches are gone and less sensitivity to light. w00t!

I used to get awful headaches, sometimes daily. It didn't matter what I tried. I'm always hydrated, but found myself taking tylenol and vitamin B so often it's scary. I also have had a severe sensitivity to light. I live in the desert, so that pretty much means it's always sunny out.

I noticed that after a couple of months of tapering my headaches are all gone and I still need sunglasses, but ot to the extent I used to. I figured it would get worse, not better.

Anyone else have similar stories? It's nice to not have a pounding head and to see more clearly without wearing the darkest sunglasses possible.  :)

Cheers,

EANx Guy

I also had pounding headaches and sensitivity to light and sound!

All have passed, although I still have a tightness around my head, like someone squeezes my brain but its not as intense.

It is nice to be able to go outside and not react like a vampire...

It is nice to be able to go outside and not react like a vampire...

That was so hilarious LP, probably because it is so true!!!  The sun felt like hot irons fresh from the fire being poked into my eyes until the end of month 3.  I still need sunglasses, but yeah it definitely has improved.

I was getting a fair amount of migraines and regular headaches during the first 3 months.  I just recently noticed I haven't had either in quite a while.

LOL , why couldnt I have glitter and glow like the vampires in twilight... No, I had to be the old school vampire.. LOL

I still have 18 mg of diazepam to go, but once I started tapering from there, the headaches went away. Really hard sun still gets me, always has even before benzos so I just use some dark polarized sunglasses, but have noticed that I can take them off and not feel like I'm staring into the sun  :)

I had a migraine for almost 6 months, every day all day.  Now I get them once every 5 or 6 weeks, lessening in intensity each time (so far)  I get visual migraines weekly but there is no pain so I don't care.  Still get varying sensitivity to light, I don't wear glasses to deal with it, I figure my eyes will readjust eventually.

[6c...]

I'm at 18mg of Valium as well, and had a headache earlier. I have a history of migraines that dates back to who knows when.

I don't have sensitivity to light. I did at one time, but it seem to pass for now.

Hopefully it's gone.

I, too still have 18mg of Valium to go, and hopefully the headaches will go as I taper the remainder of the Valium.

Scratch that. Headaches are back, with fury this time. I'm also feeling syrupy, like I type out words but when I look at the screen, it's gibberish with loads of auto corrections. Apparently I've lost my ability to type in the short term. I'm also used to my muscle spasms or rather twitches. I hardly notice them anymore.

Kind of funny considering I was thrilled the headaches were gone, but each day is a day closer so I'm just taking it in stride.  :thumbsup:

congrats! It must be a real relief. I am having bad headaches (worse when I eat). i am taking Axert (a triptan).

Nitrox, So would you say it was the Benzos that was causing your headaches?

Thx man. The headaches this time seemed to be timed with my most recent cut. Getting ready to make another in a couple days so we'll see if they come back or if my brain is just all over the place.

Nitrox! Just coming thru to encourage you brother! Keep up the good fight!!!!

You can do this and you will be free!