Electrocution feeling

[d4...]

[d4...]
I am weaning off Lorazepam and my anxiety seems to physically attack my heart for days on end, as if it is being electrocuted. Lightning bolts shoot through it all night long and keep my awake. I seem calm psychologically, however, which makes it quite frustrating. I would rather be eradic mentally than going through this heart attack feeling, which seems to be its own isolated problem. Has anyone else experience this discrepancy?

I am not sure if this is the same thing, but I have had a pounding audible heart beat since Detox.  While lying in bed I literally have to drown it out with music to fall asleep.  During the day I could feel the pounding and hear it if the room was quiet.  It was the worst during the first 3 months and has quited down some since I hit month 4.  Is that the same as yours?

[78...]

If you're talking about the heart feeling like electricity going through it.

Yes, I have had this during panic attacks.

I know what you are talking about.. but to put it in words.. I can't express it.

Hopefully this subsides for you soon.

S#

[d4...]

I am not sure if this is the same thing, but I have had a pounding audible heart beat since Detox.  While lying in bed I literally have to drown it out with music to fall asleep.  During the day I could feel the pounding and hear it if the room was quiet.  It was the worst during the first 3 months and has quited down some since I hit month 4.  Is that the same as yours?

Yes, I can hear my heart beat. It is not fast, but it is hard. I can't sleep on my left side because it is too loud. It is not the pounding itself however, which disturbs me, but rather the actual lightning bolt feeling that shoots through the heart, which of course, is accompanied by pounding. Mine has not subsided, so I envy you since yours has!

[d4...]

I know what you are talking about.. but to put it in words.. I can't express it.

S#

How long does the electric feeling surge for you?

[78...]

S#

How long does the electric feeling surge for you?

I had it during Panic Attacks, a few seconds.. but it gave me a jolt.

This was before Benzo's but I know the electrical feeling.. it's not a nice one.