Fatigue

[de...]

Almost 2 months without benzos and a new symptom showing up to acompany my others. I have been feeling very worn out, almost like when u don't sleep enough especially in the afternoon. I work full time as a flat rate technician meaning I get paid for what I do not by the hour and when the last couple hours of the day are left I feel like passing out in the floor which isn't good for flat rate pay.anyone else like this in thier w/d? :sick:

[d1...]

dedwards,

I have had the fatigue. Especially after I do some work here and there.

It's like a weak and just worn out feeling. Yes, like you described, as if you stayed up all night.

The passing out feeling.. I was just telling a buddy here yesterday about that feeling.

I, too have that sometimes.

My symptoms are not constant, they come and go.

Congrat yourself for working full time through this.  :thumbsup:

Others will stop by to weigh in as well, as this is a very common symptom.

S#

I SO know this feeling!  I am nearing the end of my taper, so I'm not finished yet, but MAN do I feel exhausted some days...most days.  And when I get really tired out it feels like I haven't slept well (even though I have)...and I'll get that "sick tired" feeling where you feel queasy.  That I REALLY dislike b/c I find it so hard to function when I'm queasy...ugh.  My daughter will ask for a snack or she'll have a friend over and they'll need help setting up a craft, etc...and it takes EVERYTHING in me to do it...and I have to b/c I'm a mom to a young girl.  It normally hits me the worst between noon and 5pm for whatever reason.  I can't wait till this is all over. 

ALL the best to you...sounds like you're really pulling through and congrats to you on that.  I have so much respect for people on this forum...this is not easy.  :(

Take care,

Schatje

I had that esp while I was on the full dose of K. .5 and when I was tapering off...

It gets better with time.. I understand about work. Some days my wife literally would drive me to work and I would stumble out of the car and drag myself to my desk.  I feel for you esp. as you have to be on your feet.

Do your best, it will pass

I think a lot of people suffer this from what i have read on here. It is certainly one of the biggest symptoms for me.

I was ok until i came of completely and have had low energy for the last few months now. It is very tiring and difficult to cope

with i know. It will pass though, it just takes time, which is out of our control ! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I can really relate to this SX..Just as described it feels as if I got ZERO sleep the night before. Just as Schatje I get that "sick tired" feeling.  Very nauseous, and very shaky feeling.  For me this kicks in around 3pm - 4pm and will last until I go to bed.  Ive read a lot of people have the fatigue so hang in there man 

dedwards, yes, I have a lot of fatigue. I'm surprised by this since I've tapered .25mg of Xanax since June 18. I thought I would be bouncing off the

walls with anxiety, but I'm not, I'm tired. I only sleep about 5 hours, that's not enough for me, but I sleep straight through, so that's good.

I'm sure it will pass, I don't know where you're at, but it's hot here and that can really drain a person, plus you are working through all this. Take care.

• 2 weeks later...
I too have that sicky-tired feeling a lot. Like I'm down with the Flu or haven't slept well. It sucks! Just hang in there. My party has just started, each cut I make down is getting awful. I hate the fatigue!

This has been a major problem for me. I describe myself as a "dishrag" when this happens! I've posted before about having to rest in the corner on the floor of one of our conference rooms just to make it through the day. Looking back, I wish I had taken medical leave, but I didn't want to seem "weak" (our company has gone through layoffs and didn't want to make myself susceptible to that.)

If I could, I would have a little nap area under my desk, a la George Costanza :)

Hang in there, it does improve with time.

I have just started developing fatigue in the past 3-4 weeks. I never had this symptom during my taper or prior to now. I feel exhausted, like I want to go to sleep, and also I feel nauseous and like I need to eat/have low blood sugar/feel shaky, even though I am eating plenty. It's a very annoying symptom because it's hard to motivate to do anything but sit around.I'm sure that it's related to adrenals or thyroid dysfunction. Bleck! :sick:

I feel the same way too, ask, but I'm still tapering. It is frustrating to be tired but feel shaky too. I'm going to try to do a little more walking and aerobics and eating better to see if that will help...but I keep wondering if I have some sort of adrenal fatigue too. You're right. Bleck :P

I've made a daily list for myself:

Rating from 1-10 on how I'm feeling

Things that have to be done (non-negotiable)

Things I'd like to get done but can put off if until later when I have more energy/motivation - and give myself permission not to feel guilty

Accomplishments

I like the feeling of being able to cross things off a "list" and when I list my accomplishments I can feel good about even the little things I've done throughout the day.

This has been really helpful for me this week in particular. Extreme fatigue and loss of motivation!!

I've made a daily list for myself:

Rating from 1-10 on how I'm feeling

Things that have to be done (non-negotiable)

Things I'd like to get done but can put off if until later when I have more energy/motivation - and give myself permission not to feel guilty

Accomplishments

I like the feeling of being able to cross things off a "list" and when I list my accomplishments I can feel good about even the little things I've done throughout the day.

This has been really helpful for me this week in particular. Extreme fatigue and loss of motivation!!

That's a good idea Julie4530, helps feel like progress is happening, plus with the cog fog I forget half the stuff I plan to do. :idiot:

You know about the Progress Blog, that would be a good place to record that stuff, then you can look back and see how far you've come some day.

I should do that myself.  ;)

you buds are helpng me realize i know very little about the adrenals - adrenaline or adrenal fatigue;  i wonder if there is something we can do to help that system - whichever system that is; that is  :o

You're right, Nicolette, I should post a blog. Right now I have everything in a tattered spiral notebook!

Yes, that would be good, I wish I had done one, I still can of course. I wish I had been journaling even a few years ago before I knew about benzos. I would like to see what I was thinking.  :crazy: