is not benzo anxiety differant than the anxiety before i went on pill

[ge...]

I have suffered anxiety for 12 years and had quite a few panic attacks and have learnt many methods on how to breath and was put on anti depressant to help as well.... but i find the benzo anxiety is so much more intense, almost unbearable and tends to come straight back for me as soon as i try and relax or do breathing as in tonight has not left me... and feels really horrible yet my only rest assurance it comes with with drawel which puts mind at rest a little bit.

Benzo anxiety is indeed in its own league.  With regular anxiety, it literally is a situation of mind over matter (unless you subscribe to the chemical imbalance theory).  Chemically induced anxiety from tolerance withdrawal, reduction withdrawal, or post benzo withdrawal feels way worse and is not easily controlled by your typical coping methods.

That being said, a lot of times the anxiety can feel intense because a portion of it is anxiety about the withdrawal anxiety... or anxiety about the harsh withdrawal symptoms. That is anxiety that we do have some control over and coping techniques should be able to help.

My benzo withdrawal would make my mind race and my regular anxiety would make me panic about my racing mind almost to the point of reaching a panic attack.  This is where acceptance comes in.  My mind continues to get moments where it races but I am more used to it now and I it doesn't flare up my panic like it used to.

Yes, reassuring ourselves that it is withdrawal is probably one of the best things we can do to help our natural anxiety.  We won't be able to control all the physical and mental symptoms that benzo anxiety produces, but we do have a say in how we react to them.

[db...]

I agree with Crono.

The more I taper.. sometimes the less anxiety I have.

Therefore, that is proof and tells me it is the Benzo causing the anxiety instead of helping it.

It's no longer therapeutic for me. This is why we must learn coping skills and so on the best we can, as we taper.

That being said, a lot of times the anxiety can feel intense because a portion of it is anxiety about the withdrawal anxiety... or anxiety about the harsh withdrawal symptoms. That is anxiety that we do have some control over and coping techniques should be able to help.

Exactly.

I think once healed from the aftermath of what Benzo's do. We can all deal with the anxiety we had before.

There are all kinds of success stories out there, and many find they don't have the anxiety they once had.. before  Benzo's were introduced within their lives.

Keep on going.

You will get there!  :thumbsup:

S#

As I remember it, the anxiety I had 20 yrs ago, before I was prescribed Klonopin, was a cakewalk, almost a desirable mental state.

I know the shrinks knew no better at that time, but DAMN--this shit is from the debbil. Two c/ts--nightmares, one w/ seizure--and at 0.5/24 hrs (doc wants me at 0.25, but the present situation makes this impossible), and not doing that well.

Benzos enhance the activity of GABA in the amygdala and other tracts in the brain. Rebound anxiety occurs when the benzo is removed and the GABA receptors scream for something that is not there, something that they are accustomed to function with. Anxiety symptoms are infinitely magnified. Knowing any of this is of no use. I'm scared to proceed further. Idiot doc thinks there should be no problem. Do not think he gives the experience of ppl who have been d/c'd too fast any credence.

Not a good situation.