18 months benzo-free! Getting my life back...finally!

[pe...]

I started posting on Benzobuddies January of 2010.  This forum helped me through the darkest time in my entire life.

I had just come home from a month in rehab...I had checked myself in

December 2009 because I could not handle my Klonopin withdrawal another day..... I thought I was going to die.

I found Benzobuddies on a cold night in January...and I am here to thank everyone here for their support, advice and encouragement

throughout the last year and a half.

At 18 months benzo-free, I am just now feeling like my old self again.

Many times throughout this journey, I thought I had reached the end...but now, I feel that it is REALLY happening.

I came back to encourage everyone here who is still struggling to hang in there...it will happen.

At times, I had many doubts...but, believe me, the longer the benzos are out of your system, the better your life becomes.

There is an end.  Even though it seems hopeless at times...as though the torture will never cease...hang on!!!

I am looking forward to things that I used to dread...I can enjoy life again...

I can even have a glass or two of wine!!!  Cheers!!

And...thank you all!

Percussion 

aka Tish

[0e...]

Congratulations you made it!  I wish you continued healing and a happy new benzo free life.

SoCalRob

:clap: :clap:

Thank you for posting your story and congratulations on finally getting your life back!

Way to go!

Hi Tish.  Thank you for your 18 month update and so glad you are feeling so much better now too :thumbsup:  It also took me about 18 months (I recently posted in this section too) to feel that things were back to or better than before benzos.  I remember that we have chatted before, being that we both finished the benzos around the same time in 2009.   I read that you can also have a glass or two of wine on occasion. I did a couple days ago without negative s/x :).  The time before, however, resulted in a sinus problem, I think it was the tannens in the red wine, white wine seems to be a little easier on my system.  I would suggest folks proceed with caution with regard to drinking.  Looks like 18 was the magic number for both of us :thumbsup:.

Cheers back atcha ;)

Vertigo

(Waiting a year or more after taper to consume alcohol is a good idea and for some, abstinence is even better)

Congratulations Tish! I have been on this forum for as as long as you have, and -just like you- have benefited tremendously from the support and wisdom here. Even though my 18 months off benzos have not brought a conclusion to my journey yet, I am very grateful for the healing that has occured so far. I have read many of your posts along the way, and was able to compare notes and take strenght from every step you took toward the light. Thank you, and may God continue to grace your life.

Kev

hi Tish,

It's great to read your post, I started coming around here a little after you joined, I was also in rehab the month of December 2009 but chose to do a valium taper when I got out.  So I have about 7 1/2 months off..I still have a long way to go before I can post a story like yours but I hope that one day I can. your post gives me a little bit of that hope, so thanks,

J.

Thanks for coming back to offer those of us still struggling encouragement and hope.  Congratulations on your hard won victory, it sure is great to hear this!

Hi Tish!

I am so glad I decided to look over in the Success Stories today, and found yours there.  What an encouragement to read your 18 months off story!  I am closing in on 19 months and I needed to hear some positive news!  Thank you so much for coming back to let us know that you are doing so well!

~Leena :smitten:

Thank you for your inspirational story.  Unlike many, I do like reading success stories from those who are well past a year.  It helps to show that recovery will happen no matter what, plus it comforts those who are over a year who are still suffering and hoping for better days.

I hope you enjoy a wonderful life now Tish  :thumbsup: