A good Laugh

[de...]

I wanted to share this, im not sure if this section is appropriate but anyway I remember discussing the safety of xanax to the Dr who prescribed it to me. He says there is no such thing as withdrawal its just the anxiety coming back and xanax is safer than aspirin, I kid not right from the Dr's mouth

Hi dedwards,

I'm not laughing because it's sickening to hear that anyone, let alone a Dr would say this!  How are you coming to terms with what he told you, do you feel anger or are you shaking your head at his ignorance?

Sadly at the time he convinced me it was true! Its something how slick they are and for someone who is responsible for your health they should know better. I wouldn't say im angry at the Dr because I try to not hold grudges but now that I know more of the problems with benzos I am shocked that he told me that but yea your right it really isn't funny huh  :-\

My Dr told me the same thing. I just ignored her and came back here. It's  amazing what they  will tell you ........ I tell her what she wants to hear just so I can get the meds to taper  on my own schedule. Whatever works .

[d0...]

It is sickening! I had a doctor to tell me it was fine to cold-turkey 5mg of Klonopin, and it floored me!

I, myself do not trust many doctors. And most of us, a very large majority of us are tired of what doctors have to say! It's disgusting! We know that doctors have no clue about withdrawal AND we know more than they do! It is very destructive, their advice on how to get one off a Benzo! They tell us it's okay to drop it! They don't care. In my opinion, they know that cold-turkey can lead to seizures and we get hit with withdrawal meteors! If they didn't know, then why do detox centers give out Phenobarb and other meds to try to cover the withdrawal!? Some know a cold-turkey can cause a seizure, but as long as it's not on their watch, they don't care!

They are by far the worse drug pushers I have ever came in contact with! They know nothing about the pain, emotions, and the subtraction of life a Benzo can take! Of course all in the end, we all heal and it adds more life to us, a greater appreciation than ever before!

Thank Goodness for Ashton! If it was not for her, we would be in trouble!

They call it rebound anxiety. Well, we all know that there is withdrawal and it's very real!

They will try to refute it, but in the end.. we win! We will heal.

S#

Glad to hear you try not to hold grudges dedward!  Bitterness and anger will eat you alive.  I laughed when I read what he said, that is, I laughed at how preposterous it was!

Yep mine said xanax was like aspirin also..and that her Grandma takes it daily....Well Grandma is probably just sitting around not having to deal with life and 3 kids !!!!  Having drug w/d !!  :tickedoff:

Glad to hear you try not to hold grudges dedward!  Bitterness and anger will eat you alive.  I laughed when I read what he said, that is, I laughed at how preposterous it was!

My feelings exactly!

Your Dr. and my (former) Dr., are on the same page when it comes to being ignorant about benzos. I was having tolerance withdrawals for two years, mentioning this to my Dr. on many occasions, she said it was impossible to have withdrawals, and said I should take Zoloft!

I quit the Dr., I quit the Ativan, I quit the Ambien,  and there are days now, when I feel even better then I did before I knew what a benzo was!

pj

Yep mine said xanax was like aspirin also..and that her Grandma takes it daily....Well Grandma is probably just sitting around not having to deal with life and 3 kids !!!!  Having drug w/d !!  :tickedoff:

What a great response, Meljo! These Doctors really need to be educated about benzos!