Does Lamictal help with Clonazepam/Klonopin withdrawal?

[Wi...]

I'm not aware of any drug which will help with benzo withdrawal because each drug comes with it's own set of side effects and withdrawal problems.  I've heard nothing good about Lamictal, in fact we've had a couple of members say the withdrawal from it is worse than that of benzo's.  There are support forums devoted to Lamictal, you might want to check them out before you consider taking this drug.

[7f...]

Pam is correct. I have found nothing to help with withdrawal. Only time does.

I have taken Lamictal before, it's a Anti-Convulsant, also used for Bipolar. Many find it hard to come off of.

I wouldn't recommend it.

I agree.  Though I'm not a physician, I have a hard time understanding the rationale behind using Lamictal.  It's a mood stabilizer commonly used to treat bipolar disorder.  Mood stabilization is certainly a good thing to have, but what about all the other withdrawal symptoms?  How is Lamictal going to help those?  Also, for those who have tried Lamictal here on the forum, I've read some pretty bad reviews.

Draftsman 

I am already on lamictal.  I am not looking to start anything new.  In fact my goal is to get off all of the meds that I am on.  I was just curious to see if anyone knew if it helped with with K withdrawal since I am on it.  I have cut my Lamictal in half.  Cut my Klonopin by 25% and cut my Geodon by like 16%.  I started on meds about 6 or 7 months ago and they have been the worst time of my life.  I am definitely not as crazy on my own as crazy as I am on this shit.

I had 0 problems getting off of Lamictal, but a c/t off geodon is what put me on benzos 7 years ago...everyone is different though...just be careful.