Doing great :)

[...]

Hey buddies!

I've been off of benzos for nearly 3 months now and am healed from the withdrawal.  I have an "anxiety/depressive" disorder, so learning to cope with life without the emotion numbing effects of a benzo has been a bit of a challenge. 

Nevertheless that's exactly what I'm doing  :thumbsup: 

I really can't think of any lingering w/d symptoms.  In fact I'm doing considerably better than even pre-benzo days!  My social anxiety is essentially non-existent.  Zero panic attacks.  Depression, which I've had for many many years is gone.

You all will heal :) 

All my love,

Chris 

Hey Chris,

I love what you said about doing better now than before you took the drug, I am too!  Is it because life is so good once the symptoms go away that we're just happy to be back to normal?  I'm so glad you're learning to deal with life and your challenges without drugs, it's the key to staying benzo free!

Thank you for posting your success story, you know how important it is, and how people hang on to them for hope.  :smitten:

[dc...]

Thanks for your story, Chris.

I think we all could use this story.

It's good to hear you are coping with the Anxiety and Depression well.

Hopefully this will go away for you as well.

S#

Chris, this is such great news.

I agree with what you and Pam are saying, about being better before the drug.

The coping skills you learned going through withdrawal, will really help you deal with the "non-benzo related depression"

Congratulations once again,

Mike

Great to hear!  I'm about 1 month behind you and I can't wait for the day that my withdrawal is in the past!

Congrats!  It's just what I needed to read right now.  :)  All the best...and congrats again.  :yippee:

Schatje

Hi Chris!

I had just been thinking of you, wondering how you were, and saw your post.  I'm so happy for you!

Thanks for your message of hope that we will heal.

:smitten:

Kat

Congrats Chris, I am so very happy for you!!! I wish you all the best!!!!  This is wonderful news. :smitten::yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

So good to hear, Chris. Very happy for you, and very inspired by you.

Thank you for posting about your success!

My cat Maggie says hi, and one of these days I will get photobucket and post a photo of her here for you to see.

Peace and blessings,

Grace Seeker~

Hello Chris,

This is the BEST kind of success story...one where you are better now than you were pre-benzo!  I am so very happy for you.  Your slow taper seemed to really pay off!  I know you have a trip to Colorado scheduled for...next month...I think?  I pray that the trip will go well, that you will enjoy being with your family...and that the rest of your summer will be wonderful!

Thank you for coming back to share such encouraging news with all of us!

~Leena :smitten:

Thanks Leena, Grace Seeker, Danman, CW, Kat175, Schatje, Natron247, Matrix, Sigma, Dpete, and Pam  :smitten:

Chris

[0c...]
Love these kinds of posts! Thanks for the success update...I'm gonna be posting the same kind of update soon  :thumbsup:

Hey buddies!

I've been off of benzos for nearly 3 months now and am healed from the withdrawal.  I have an "anxiety/depressive" disorder, so learning to cope with life without the emotion numbing effects of a benzo has been a bit of a challenge. 

Nevertheless that's exactly what I'm doing  :thumbsup: 

I really can't think of any lingering w/d symptoms.  In fact I'm doing considerably better than even pre-benzo days!  My social anxiety is essentially non-existent.  Zero panic attacks.  Depression, which I've had for many many years is gone.

You all will heal :) 

All my love,

Chris 

I am so happy for your recovery... 3 months off that is amazing  I wish you good health and happiness from here on.. You give me hope now.. Thank you mshi

Thank you Mishi!

I'm glad I can give you some hope :)

And remember to never give up hope.

All my best to you.

Great news, honey!

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Greeting%20Cards/Happy%20Birthday%20and%20Good%20Job/bravo-bunny-1.jpg

Fantastic Chris!  So glad you are healed - and thanks for all your help along the way - I've been around a long time!!!

Thank you so much for posting your success story. My story is similar and I'm doing really well on my taper, virtually sx free after 5 months of hell and feeling very lucky. I'm hoping my scenario will be like yours once I am completely off in August.

Please keep posting every once in a while so we can see how GREAT you are still doing. Congratulations! Enjoy your life! :yippee: :yippee:

Thanks Amy!

I'm so happy that you are doing so well  :thumbsup:

No doubt you'll be 100% in August!

I'll still be around to keep in touch with you all :)