5 months off, feeling so much better.

[De...]

So I have been hesitant to post any sort of success story as I keep going back and forth on whether I am recovered or not, or recovered enough to say I'm recovered lol. But I decided if I can give someone hope, it'd be selfish of me to withhold .  :)

My story started last summer when I had something that equated to a panic attack. I was put on Paxil for a bit but took myself off due to some side effects. When I got back to college I got back into the drinking scene again and suddenly found myself riddled with anxiety. One point I couldn't move for fear of making it worse, and ended up asking my gf to take me to the ER. It was here I was given my first klonopin. This made me feel instantly better so I went on a journey trying to obtain and abuse the prescriptions. After a week I started to get panic attacks when I didn't take anything so I went back on Paxil and continued abusing alcohol and klonopin.3 months later during Thanksgiving I realized I had a problem and quit everything cold turkey.

This started my hellish withdrawl that included nasty d/r, brain fog, inability to speak, anxiety that I thought would physically kill me, depression, and vision deterioration among other minor stuff. I was forced to withdraw from university and move home because I couldn't hardly move or think. The first two months I was bed ridden, but things started to let up after that slightly.

Since then I have subsequently moved to a new city, Chicago, and have found a new job selling computers and technology. I speak with people all day and answer their qurstions, which takes a lot of brain power lol. I am happy to say that every single symptom has gone away for me except some of the anxiety  ;D   I tell myself I did all this stuff inspite of my symptoms, but I really could not have held a job two months ago, absolutely no way, and it makes me realize how much better I actually am.

For those of you still going through this, my symptoms, usually one at a time, let up in a period of a few days, but before that they were horrendous. It's strange how that happens. You have to notice the things that do get better or else you only focus on what's left and feel like you haven't gotten better at all, when you really have made strides. I fell victim of this until recently as my anxiety is bad sometimes, and I felt like I had so much further to go. But when I look back, I've come so far...far enough that I think its appropriate to lable myself a success story  :thumbsup:

Never let go of hope because things WILL change and they WILL get better, and I hope my story can help show that. Yes I only took it for 3 months, but I drank heavily for the past 7 years so my body has been affected for a long time.

I look foward to my new sober life and my continued growth as a person :)

Congratulations!!!

and thank you too, I am having a bad day/week and reading a new success story is such a big help.

Best wishes for your new sober life. (I know I will be drinking a lot less in future too.)

-Tanya

Defaulted... :yippee:...I am so thankful for you ...Thats so wonderful and I know you will bring such hope and peace to many thank you so much...I can very much relate to you on the on and off again with the sxs, I will be rt behind you in my success story!!!!Im still waiting out the couple of last sxs but there so bearable...I wish for you to live the most joyfilled and healthy filled life sober and peaceful..You deserve everything this world has to offer you ;)...Also be so very proud of yourself what you just fought through was nothing short of inner STRENGHT...May you be blessed in all you do and have always continued healing..Your friend here at BB  :) Jenny