One year off Lorazepam

[ic...]

Hi there,

I'm just popping in at my one year mark to say hello!  I knew my anniversary was sometime in April, and after just looking at my profile I found out it was yesterday actually!

Anyway, life is good still - no signs of anything unusual and going about my life without giving much of what happened any thought (with the exception of thinking about all of you from time to time - wondering how everyone is doing). It's amazing really, how you can be so low and in such a bad place with little hope - to such a good one without looking back. So all I can say to those going through withdrawal is that it gets much better! Hang in there!

If you are wondering about sleep - I personally have had no long term issues after I withdrew. Most nights I can't keep my eyes open past 9:30. All my "anxiety" I had while on Lorazepam is gone, and for the ladies, my cycle is back to a 28 day schedule. I've gotten to know my body and mind all over again anew and its great. I feel firmly grounded for the first time in a very long time.

Take care everyone, all the best to you!

icandothis

So happy for you...it sounds as if you were extremely lucky with your withdrawal....some people get hit really hard and others seem to do better....I am so glad that you are one that seemed to dodge the bullet....I hope your life is very happy and that peace will continue to be with you...God Bless :)

Hello icandothis,

Thank you so much for coming back to let us know how you're doing!  We still have too many people suffering, so your words will help them to know it won't be like this forever.

Pam

Thank you for coming back and sharing with us!

I am absolutely thrilled that you are moving on with your life and that this benzo mess is getting further away.

I know your post will be such an encouragement to many of our members :)

Thank you for your story.

It gives me inspiration, and reassurance I will once again be the person I once was.

Thank you.

Hi Icandothis:

I am so glad to read your story, it gives me such hope and inspiration!  I am so happy that you are doing so well one year later!  Congratulations on all your hard work getting off of this, and staying off of this!

Midwest :smitten:

You are so welcome! I know hearing positive comments from others is what helped me make it through :)

Best,

ican

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for coming back with your success story. I'm so happy for you and your post gives me great hope.  :)

Frannie

Your taper sounds similar to mine. I haven't taken any Lorazepam in a little over two months. Although it's been rough I feel like I'm hanging in there and it's slowly getting better. I was wondering at what point in you really started to feel like you were getting past it? How many months?

Hello ican,

Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring story..you offer a lot of encouragement to those of us still going through the throes of withdrawal. That you can sleep normally now means an extra dose of hope for me personally, as I've been suffering from this symptom for a very long time.

Thanks again, and take care,

Kat