Pre-Existing Anxiety Support

[Ho...]

There is no doubt that those of us with pre-existing anxiety have a rough time getting off these drugs and recovering. Our nervous systems are already dysregulated and many of us have old thought and reaction patterns that make the pain so much worse.

I also believe that in addition to our anxiety making for more suffering it may also prolong recovery - both from biological reasons and from our own secondary fears. There are a few of us now doing mutual support - it really takes a person who has had an anxiety disorder to understand this. While drug withdrawal can cause severe anxiety those with an anxiety disorder can suffer immeasurably.

If anyone is interested in connecting for mutual support and trying to work with our anxiety so it does not cause more suffering contact me. Send me a PM and I will put you in touch with our other people.

We are all in this together and when one is down others can help pull you around the next corner until you reach your recovery.

Actually you can Email me directly with the little symbol on the left.

In the old Yahoo benzo group we had what was called a Web-Ring support system. You could always get a voice on the phone for support.

[32...]