One year benzo free !!!!

[ga...]

I have just past one year being benzo free ! While tapering off of benzos was hard, the post benzo period was tough too. Vibrations, daily fatigue, etc wouldn't let up. I am finally feeling better now & am on the path to the full recovery.

Here is what helped me:

* Do tapering slowly - It took me 4 times before I was successful

* Magnesium & calcium help control inner vibrations

* Get blood tests every few months to see what's going on with your body (Ask the doctor for a copy). There may be other issues going on.

* Execising and prayers help a lot

* Chiro and physical therapy helped during my insomnia period (My muscles got very tight daily)

* Control your diet. Avoid carbs and sugars - Read Dr Atkin's diet book.

* Listen to advice from people on this board, going thru the same situations as you. Their advice is invaluable.

* Take long walks if you cannot sleep. This really helped me relax then sleep.

* Have a positive attitude and don't allow yourself to become depressed

George

Thank you George for your story and recommendations on what helped you...this helps me a great deal and I will follow some of these. I'm using some of the Atkins products to help supplement my diet, but never thought to follow the book!

Thank again and I am happy for you....I wish you continued healing and happiness!!  :)

Best,

Jan

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations George :clap:.  I didn't even realize you had posted here at one year.  I agree that the "post benzo" period can be tough, but we made it through, eh?  :yippee:.  I agree that watching sugar intake and nutrition along with exercise can be very helpful in the process. And another thing we have in common is that I do take magnesium and calcium along with D (I get the combo at Trader Joes). Anyway,  I am very happy to hear that you are on the path to full recovery :thumbsup:.

Best,

Vertigo