help needed

[St...]

I just got back from the dentist about 4 hours ago, they had to knock me to do the work, (propofol and Fentanyl)  (sp) I got through it without benzos but I have to take antibiotics now. They gave me Amoxicillin, I took it about 1 hour ago and now I'm shaking, like shivering. I'm worried this is wd again or reaction to Amoxicillin. Is there another antibiotic that maybe I can take that is safe to take?

In pain too  :'(

Amoxicillin is okay to take, star.  Maybe you are just having a reaction to the drugs they used during the procedure.  They should clear out of your system in a day or two.  Hang in there.

Thank you Beeper,

I'm worried since this happened shortly after I took the antibiotic, I wasn't shivering before.  :sick:

Ok the shakiness seems to have stopped for the most part now. Does anyone know how long Propofol and/or Fentanyl lasts?  Sorry to be a baby but I don't even have it in me to look this stuff up right now...

I doubt that anyone here knows that, star, unless we have a secret pharmacist member.  That would be my recommendation:  call your pharmacist and ask him or her.  Hope you are feeling better today.

Missy I feel so much better, thank you for asking.

When I read back at my first post I can see I wasn't thinking too straight with all the typos    :idiot:

I talked to the anesthesiologist a couple times for about 1 hour total, he was familiar with benzos wd so I felt good about that. Of course they didn't give me any benzos but they gave me Propofol and Fentalyn for the knock out (I have pretty bad TMJ so they can't work on me awake, it's just too much for my jaw). I believe the dentist gave me "Citanest plain" for the numbing agent. I'll make sure this is all accurate info after I talk to the dentist on Monday and correct this post if it ends up different.

Basically I told them, no benzos, steroids or epinephrine and when I woke up the only thing I felt was cold, I had a blanket on but I was shivering, I heard them say 'the dentist likes the room cool when he works' so other than the shivering everything went well, except I still have a fat lip  :-*  

I've been able to take the Amoxicillin and Tylenol without a problem now.

It's soooooo great to get this dental nightmare over with, I've been paranoid of getting this done for so long but I couldn't put it off any longer, I waited too long actually because it got infected, but it's so nice to have a nice clean smile again  ;D