Clonazepam withdrawal

[na...]

I'm on my first week after tappering since wednesday .5mg of the usual 2mg's dose.

I'm having anxiety that I did not have before, I mean because of the tapering.

This little anxiety lasts all day, and by night it gets worse, to the point I need to lie down until it passes, during this time, I want to pull my hair, scream, and cry.

Here is my introduction http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=29410.0

I would like to know what can help to calm me down.

Also any word of advice, or anything is welcome.

Alright, I'm alarmed tonight, seems my irrational fear of ghosts has come back, I hope it's only tonight. This fear I had as a child until I was 14. It's so weird, I'm 24 now.

Irrational fears are a benzo withdrawal symptom, navsegda.  Some people find the mental symptoms harder to deal with than the physical ones because we are used to our brains not lying to us.  There are a lot of good tips and techniques for managing anxiety on this board.  Here is a link to just one of the threads I found helpful:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=13001.msg180729#msg180729

Slow, deep (belly) breathing helped me a lot and I also read Claire Weekes' "Help and Hope for Your Nerves", an oldie but goodie. The first month or so was hard for me, too, but little by little I was able to learn to accept the symptoms as they came and manage the ones I had some control over.  You can do it, too.  ;)

Another question, I felt lightheadedness one night, yesterday my left arm felt numb, wonder what that is?

Also, is it normal to oversleep and feel tired all day?

I had issues with one of my arms feeling numb too during my klon usage. Thought it was a precursor to a stroke or something... but it went away.

And oversleeping can make you feel exhausted or still tired. Depends on the quality of sleep too, not just quantity.  Sometimes when I only got 2 hours of sleep I was fully functional the next day, other times I would get 12+ hours and felt like I hadn't slept at all. Benzos really mess with your body, but you don't need to be alarmed.

Things will inevitably get better when you are off benzos, the body knows what it is doing and sometimes the construction that is going on can be unpleasant.

Yeah, thanks for the reply!

I shoul check blood pressure more often, especially if numbness appear as well lightheadedness.

• 1 month later...
People who hyperventilate get numbness and tingling in their limbs. Even if your hyperventilation is barely perceptible -- you're breathing a little more rapid than your body needs -- it can alter your blood gases and create the numbness and tingling. The way to break the cycle is to focus on breathing OUT fully.

[29...]

I had hyperventilation before benzos. I had it especially while in stores like wal mart etc..

It got bad. I felt like I could never breath, but my o2 was always 98-99.

I did feel lightheaded, and had numbness in my fingertips and hands.

It went away, but I will probably have to go back through it due to benzo w/d.