Panic attacks and shallow breathing

[Cr...]

Got up in a night terror last night. Woke up with my heart pounding so bad i couldnt go back to sleep. Only got 3 hrs then the irregular breathing took over. It is almost like I cant catch my breath or I feel like I'm going to stop breathing. My Doc says it is a panic attack and time to go back onto Klonopin or something to make me sleep. I'm 86 days free of the drug, walking like a zombie most of the day, if I can take a nap it is for 15-30 minutes. I feel like i want to jump out of my skin... Burning sensation on my skin. Everything seems alot louder than they are.Cant concentrate. dont know how much longer I can go without a decent night of sleep and feeling refreshed the next day.. Seeing my pulmonolgist wednesday..I'm also taking spirvia for mild asthma and it does have a side effect trouble breathing  so I'm going back onto arbuterol. Anyone have suggestions. I'm really trying to keep it together but have no anchor other than God to lean on.. I want this over with soon  Finnally does diet have a play in this. Been eating too much sugar and salt and some chocalte.. I need direction...thx

Hi Joe,

The spriva could be causing the shortness of breath as you already know, it is listed as aside effect on this link.

http://copd.emedtv.com/spiriva/spiriva-side-effects.html

It's good to hear your going to the doctor soon. Don't forget to tell him about the breathing issues.

The shortness of breath may be causing the panic to increase also.

Sugar and caffeine do revv up symptoms in some of the Buddies here, so try to eliminate that and see if it helps.

86 days is still early, it's going to take awhile, but hang in there, your sleep will return to you. :thumbsup:

Mike

Joe,

As far as the asthma goes, you have to do what's best for you.  I just wanted to share that albuterol can cause sleeping issues.  It gives me major insomnia and the jitters when I take it.  So it would be doubly bad for me to take during my benzo detox.  If you took it before, however, and it didn't do that to you then you should probably be fine. 

I have had breathing troubles ever since being on benzo's, tightness in chest, stridor on inhale, congestion/pain in my right lung.  I have been checked out and the doc's say it's either my reflux or a side effect of Klonopin.  Hopefully your breathing continues to get better as your body heals.

Tamara

Thx Tamzo and BYBYMatrix---appreciate the feed back.... The arbuterol seems to work and the insomnia doesnt seem to come if i take it.. actually it seems to happen when I'm not taking it. The other weird thing is that one of the side effects of klonopin while on it and coming off it is asthma... This may go away when i'm done with the sxs... Crazy sxs with these drugs. They should be banned by the government but unfortunatly pharma has them by the pockets..I'll mention my sxs to the doc this week--- He is a pulmonologist...