Does anxiety strike all of us on benzos does it matter how long you used benzo

[mi...]

Hi, this is mishi.  Does this anxiety and panic happen to all of us.  I cannot stand it.  The fear of getting thru this, and and  giving up scares me so much.  I do no think I can bear the anxiety all the time like everyone else.  I have it weaning off at times, but will not bear it, if  this happens when I finish the taper.  Does it matter how long you are tapering, and how long you  have used and how much. I really need comfort from all of  this.  So many bb people are suffering, and I do not feel like I am strong enough to take all of the symptoms bb have, and my own. What to do.  Everything scares me at this point in my life.  I went from 3mg of k in dec, and now down to 2mg march 18th.  Will I make it. What happens when the wall hits. Thank you.

From what I can tell by reading posts on this forum for 2+ years, I do think everyone gets symptoms of anxiety at one time or the other in their withdrawal from benzos.  I learned I had to be proactive and find ways to accept and manage the anxiety; it didn't seem to be getting better on it's own.  I used a lot of the tips and techniques from this (Anxiety) board, and found special help in the books by Claire Weekes (eg, Help and Hope for Your Nerves).  You CAN make it mishi.  :thumbsup:

From what I can tell by reading posts on this forum for 2+ years, I do think everyone gets symptoms of anxiety at one time or the other in their withdrawal from benzos.  I learned I had to be proactive and find ways to accept and manage the anxiety; it didn't seem to be getting better on it's own.  I used a lot of the tips and techniques from this (Anxiety) board, and found special help in the books by Claire Weekes (eg, Help and Hope for Your Nerves).  You CAN make it mishi.  :thumbsup:

3+ years Beeper.  :laugh:

3+ years Beeper.  :laugh:

Wow, time DOES fly when you're having fun!  :laugh::idiot:

I took Klonopin for 6 years and was up to 4 mgs daily, I tapered off last summer from 4 mgs to 0mg in 10 weeks (DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT)....I am almost 6 months off and I have been anxiety/nervous free for 8 days now. It is the longest window I have had EVER! I thought I was going to have to live like that forever, I mean just 10 days ago I was asking EVERYONE when it was going to end and was panicking and terrified.

I am not saying I'm in the clear, I know it could end and I could get a terrible wave,  but.....it's totally gone right now, so I know my body is healing and that I CAN be anxiety free...that it's possible.

Don't lose hope!!!!!!!!

I never had anxiety, but I did have the worst apathy in the world. I didn't give three cares about four cares.

Anxiety is pretty common in benzo withdrawal. Hang in there...if its caused by the benzo withdrawal, it will go away. It just another symptom, it can not hurt you.

TC