Z withdrawal

[bl...]

Hi,

I'm joining this site in hopes of getting information about how to get off of Lunesta.

I've been on 1mg since 2005.

I'm also on .25mg of Klonopin since mid to late '90s.

I've read on another site that 1mg of Lunesta = .167Klonopin.

Since I'm already on Klonopin  I don't want to add diazapam to cross over, but would rather add the .167mg Klonopin to the 25mg Klonopin I'm already on.

Then I would like to titrate off the additional .167Klonopin back down to my original dose of .25mg Klonopin.

Eventually, will try to titrate off the remainder of the Klonopin. 

Right now I have an urgent need to get off Lunesta because I'm losing insurance coverage for it soon.

I've read that one can tirate down a Klonopin dosage by mixing it with whole milk.

However, I can't find anywhere where it says how to do this.

I also need a titration schedule to reduce the Lunesta while gradually adding the cross over dose of Klonopin.

Thanks so much.

--Blue

Hello blue,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Professor Ashton suggests that 1mg Lunesta is indeed equivalent to about 0.167mg Klonopin.

Assuming you use 0.5mg Klonopin pills, I suggest that you exchange your 1mg Lunesta for 0.125mg Klonopin (a quarter of a 0.5 Klonipin pill). This new dose (0.625mg Klonopin) will constitute your first cut, and equates to a combined reduction of dose (switching 1mg Lunesta + 0.5mg Klonopin to 0.625mg (0.5 + 0.125) Klonopin) of about 6.25%. Most people find reductions of this size quite tolerable. If you have already experienced problems reducing your dose, we could help you make even smaller reductions using titration.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Good luck.

Hello and welcome to BB Blue! I wish you the best of luck on your journey to get benzo free. Let know what further questions you may have, we are here to help.