I messed up what do I do

[Jo...]

I was taking .5 xanax twice a day an having bad bad withdrawal symptoms.

Then I switched to valium, my doc didnt say anything about crossing over, so i folowed the method for 1.5 of xanax to 30mg of valium

apparently thats too much valium, i was supposed to go to 20 mg valium, then add 5 if needed.

after crossover i was only on 30mg of valium maybe 3 days. I dropped it back down to 20mg yesterday an today.

whats gonna happen?

All i'm having is depression, but i think thats from my candida infection.

it'll take a week for the 10mg drop to hit anyways wont it?

[b4...]

Johny,

I was down to 25mg once and messed up one morning and 40mg more!

I just went back to original dosing the next day and was fine, it just felt like I made a cut.

It took 4 days to drop off.

Keryn.

Hi Jonny, well you are right in the equivalency in that 1.5 mg of xanax is equal to 30 mg of valium. Not 20 mg as your doctor said you should start at.

How were you on the 30mg of valium? The only thing I can say is I would sit on your stabilizing dose for 3 - 4 weeks to make sure it reaches full blood levels before you start your taper.

on the 30mg i was TIIIIIIIRRRED. way too tired. my doc said i shoulda started at 20mg for a week, then add 5mg if needed. Since the valium halflife is longer it would build up over a week, so eventually be like 50-60mg valium in my system after a week or whatever.

I just dropped down to 20mg since yesterday....but i'm havin withdrawal today for some reason?

I think i found out whats triggering it, i've been drinking lots of kangen water. it's a high PH detoxifying water. I think it may be lowering my benzo plasma levels.

It seems everytime i drink alot of it i get derealization...adrenal jolts...wanting to run/scream/cry/laugh.

I just took half my valium dose 3 hours early, gonna take the other half at scheduled time. then no more of that water.

I also have a serious candida infection as well as dealling with benzos. i couldnt just have one issue huh? i cant even eat like i want to it sucks!

if anyone can help out i'd appreciate it, my doc knows a bit about ashton, i havent even read it, just trying to stablize first.  i cant focus for shit with benzos and candida messing with my head i cant explain the irrational thoughts in my head.

maybe i was just experiencing low blood sugar, cause i took the half valium 5mg. ate an apple, an some cereal. now i just feel loooopy/drunk. but its only been 10 mins, not long enough for valium to kick in

Don't over think it. Stabalize on 20 mg. You were on 30 for a very short period. Then after a week go up 5 if you have to. Go back to the plan. This is not a crisis.

[b4...]

I have to agree with Benzene, don't over think... you should stabilize, and go from there.

I'm no professional, but just my opinion.

And yes, the valium can be very sedating, especially when you first c/o.

Keryn.

thanks that all helps.

I have been crying randomly on an off for no reason, havin all sorts of weird symptoms.

ill stick with the 20 hopefully feel better ina week or so.

But compared to 3 weeks ago being on just xanax. i'm able to drive to store now, an play video games.

Before i stared at the wall an lived INSIDE my head if that makes sense. constant d/r

[b4...]
Before i stared at the wall an lived INSIDE my head if that makes sense. constant d/r

Yes makes plenty of sense.

The Valium is covering the Xanax, you will do good.

I couldn't imagine coming off Xanax directly.

Keryn.

Keryn.

I think i came off xanax pretty quick, it wasn't ashton protocol, it was this 12 day protocol for 1.5mg of xanax.

but i havent taken xanax in like a week so jus gonna try an stabilize on this valium...hopefully sooon!!!

[b4...]

Keryn.

I think i came off xanax pretty quick, it wasn't ashton protocol, it was this 12 day protocol for 1.5mg of xanax.

but i havent taken xanax in like a week so jus gonna try an stabilize on this valium...hopefully sooon!!!

I would def. stabilize before cutting.

Keryn.

Thats what i dont get though...how do I know what "stable" is?

I have candida an other issues obviously that caused my benzo use in the first place.

I'm not sure what my benzo symptoms are except for the d/r. which hasnt happened since i switched to valium.

I guess i'll just hope I feel better? I still have crying spells during the day and anger issues an emotional, then i'm fine. maybe thats what I need to stabilize?

I think i answered my own question.

I guess i'll just hope I feel better? I still have crying spells during the day and anger issues an emotional, then i'm fine. maybe thats what I need to stabilize?

These are classic withdrawal symptoms.  remember that Valium is very sedating - much more so than Xanax or the other benzos.  However, the sedation will go away as your body adjusts to it.

The term "stabilize"  means you are able to function.  You will still have withdrawal symptoms, but you won't be debilitated and curled up in a ball.

Hang in there, and give the 20mgs Valium a chance to build up in your body. :)

I did V cross over.  Definitely a different feeling. I cry, i laugh and i can function although i overall feel strangely drunk. I can't pay attention to much since crossing over. And i do get d/r when moving around in small places like laundry room.

I've had candida infection after several rounds of antibiotics and yeah, i took mega doses of probiotics.

Treated the various candida infections with Solray Capryl (Caprylic Acid capsules from amazon.com or vitacost.com) and plain Greek Yogurt by stonyfield....ate it and applied topical.

You can also make a paste of water and caprylic acid and apply it to skin irritations/itches/zits/bumps then let dry and sit for an hour or more and wipe off....or make it looser and wipe down your skin.

I remain taking 6 caprylic acid a day.  Valium can slow down stomach emptying and cause candida infections in gi system including stomach.

I think the stomach thing influences nutrient absorption because i suddenly am anemic too....Isn't this enough???? hello? a break please....gee wiz.

I had female yeast infection (yogurt worked) and candida on corners of my lips...applied yogurt...let it dry and sit.

Check out earthclinic.com for more help with candida.

take care and good luck with the infections.

also, be careful driving...u don't want a DUI....valium is so much like alcohol.

peace,

libby

this is all too much, benzos, candida. my candida is bad too.

sometimes i eat carbs to get the drunk feeling an block out my w/d symptoms.

my stomach is always in pain, i cant eat anything it seems. im allergic to dairy, i've tried capyrilic acid an antifungals.

i feel i've hit a brick wall, i can't do anything an i'm in a downward spiral so depressed today.

this is all too much, benzos, candida. my candida is bad too.

sometimes i eat carbs to get the drunk feeling an block out my w/d symptoms.

my stomach is always in pain, i cant eat anything it seems. im allergic to dairy, i've tried capyrilic acid an antifungals.

i feel i've hit a brick wall, i can't do anything an i'm in a downward spiral so depressed today.

IMO, if you're having stomach pain u could be dealing with gastroparesis cased by the valium.

If so, stay away from insoluble fiber.  Perhaps go on gastroparesis diet.  If u need info pm me.

Sorry the caprylic acid didn't work for the candida.

I see u write that eating carbs blocks out w/d sx...but eating carbs makes candida worse. IMO, u need to cut the carbs...especially the high glycemic index carbs.  I limit my carb intake to 15mg or less per meal.

Have u tried Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (EVCO)?

peace,

libby

i'm at a really bad point, the stomach pain isn't from valium. ive had it before the drugs, an it went away until i just added ezekiel grian cereal to my diet now it's worse then ever an i'm having tons of weird neurological problems an crying. perhaps leaky gut or gluten or something i dunno.

im really at a loss of what to do, my doctor just wants to feed me more drugs, i have different people telling me to do different stuff. all i really eat is brown rice an gluten free oatmeal except when i just added that cereal. i have some turkey an veggies when i can to. they say eat alkaline, but i'm too anemic/malnourished for only veggies. then they say eat this eat that, do this do that. i'm going crazy. i'm really at the end of my rope i hope someone can help. trying to find a good doc in portland, or.

i can even focus my brain anymore to do anything about it, i'm fallin down a hill an cant stop myself. just hoping someone does. i'm having so many harsh symptoms today worse then yesterday, how could that be if the valium is supposed to be building up in my system. doesnt make sense to me. i really am losin it.

gonna try more caprylic acid, i do use VCO with my rice an oatmeal i love it. i only used 1-2 tabs of the cap acid an not for long. i'll try again. i also take something to keep my bowels "moving" an heal my stomach lining.

i'm at a really bad point, the stomach pain isn't from valium. ive had it before the drugs, an it went away until i just added ezekiel grian cereal to my diet now it's worse then ever an i'm having tons of weird neurological problems an crying. perhaps leaky gut or gluten or something i dunno.

im really at a loss of what to do, my doctor just wants to feed me more drugs, i have different people telling me to do different stuff. all i really eat is brown rice an gluten free oatmeal except when i just added that cereal. i have some turkey an veggies when i can to. they say eat alkaline, but i'm too anemic/malnourished for only veggies. then they say eat this eat that, do this do that. i'm going crazy. i'm really at the end of my rope i hope someone can help. trying to find a good doc in portland, or.

i can even focus my brain anymore to do anything about it, i'm fallin down a hill an cant stop myself. just hoping someone does. i'm having so many harsh symptoms today worse then yesterday, how could that be if the valium is supposed to be building up in my system. doesnt make sense to me. i really am losin it.

gonna try more caprylic acid, i do use VCO with my rice an oatmeal i love it. i only used 1-2 tabs of the cap acid an not for long. i'll try again. i also take something to keep my bowels "moving" an heal my stomach lining.

for stomach lining healing try manuka honey

i take wedderspoon manuka honey active 16+ (i only take 1 tsp a day but some people take 3 tbsp a day. I buy mine from amazon or vitacost, it's pricey but it helps like probiotics and like yeast killers.

IMO, i'd use organic EVCO and not VCO....my preference based on what i read.

I had severe stomach pain in all 2009...couldn't eat anything...lost way over 10 pounds per month.  I didn't think it was from benzos...i thought it was from another drug.  It hasn't come back since i quit the drug but i still wonder if any of it was from being in benzo tolerance w/d and from tapering cymbalta.

Yeah, i take stuff to keep things moving.  Natural Calm Magnesium Citrate powder by Peter Gilham. I like the powder because i can vary the dose.

so sorry u are going through stomach pain; i lived with it for a year...thought i was gonna die.  i think u should try the stage one gastroparesis diet and cut fiber out of your diet.  I know people that have gastro and fiber kills them.

I hate docs and tests but have u considered a stomach scope? they can put u out with fentanyl (narcotic) instead of a benzo.

peace,

libby