Rebound anxiety still at almost 8 months?

[dh...]

Getting close to 8 months here for me, wondering if this is real anxiety or still rebound anxiety.

Just comes out of nowhere, I feel somewhat worried and anxious, feel like things unknown to me are threatening and unsafe, worry about the things in my life that I now see as troubling when it happens.

Is 7 - 8 month still reasonable to get this, is 7 - 8 months still cosidered early in the WD process?

I'd rate it on a scale of 1 - 10 as being about a 3, 10 being the worst! It has been much worse and not nearly as intnese like when I stopped on July 16, 2010.

Good grief, I feel like I have PTSD              

I wouldn't consider 8 months early in the process but it can take 6-18 months to get back to normal so an anxiety level of 3 seems normal to me at this point.  Do you have things you do to lower your anxiety when this happens, like deep breathing or yoga or something?

I'm still dealing with anxiety at 8 months out and so are many other buddies, so it seems perfectly normal to me  :)

Like you, my anxiety - if and when it might appear - is much lower on the scale than when I was stuck in tolerance withdrawal and tapering.  And it also doesn't stop me from getting on with life and living it like it used to either.  It can take up to 18 months on average for people to heal, so still recovering and dealing with anxiety at 8 months benzo free is not unusual at all.

Hey dood,

I have never had anxiety, but I would agree with the ladies. It is pretty common at 8 months out and something that should fade, along with any other lingering symptoms, as time goes on.

How is your sleep? Did that improve?

TC

Is your anxiety constant?  How much of the day do you experience it?

I am at 5 1/2 months and experience an intense feeling of nervousness/anxiousness all day long. I would put mine at a 7 in a scale of 1-10.

I know you feel awful, and I am really sorry for you,  but I have to say reading that yours is at a 3 is kind of comforting to me.

I have to say the same as Sunny - I'd give anything to have a 3 anxiety!  So happy for you that it is not more than that.  Hang on, you will get through it - so many others on here have done it!

Hoping2BFree