W/D anxiety Question

[ch...]

As you might have read, I'm on days 6 without xanax.  All of my w/d's and anxiety have been waking me up in the early hours of the morning.  This morning it was around 4am.  The W/d (mainly horrible anxiety,) start as soon as I get up and last till mid or late afternoon.  For some reason I feel pretty good in the afternoon till bed time.  Anyone  else experience this?  Why does the panic leave?  Any input would be great. 

Hi Chrisb!

Waking early and immediately feeling anxiety is a very common problem during withdrawal.  It has become my number one symptom lately.  I seem to have morning anxiety no matter how well I slept the night before.

It has been suggested that this is related to blood sugar levels.  Eating something upon awakening appears to help some members. 

Like you, my anxiety seems to get better later in the day. 

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any quick fix for morning anxiety.  I drink chamomile and catnip tea which I think helps at least a little. 

Time will eventually alleviate it I'm sure.  The further we get from our last dose the better we'll be :)