Sinus inffection

Hello I had an MRI done about a month ago I was tapering on the benzo and they said I had a sinus infection,they gave me antibiotics to treat it but I couldn't take it, so I'm 6days off today can I take the antibiotics now I'm concerned that the sinus infection might get worse :-[

PLEASE do not take the fluoroquinolones (Levaquin, Cipro, etc.).  Benzos can affect the sinus area.  I had several sinus infections during this process and amoxycillin cured it and gave me no problems.

Patty  xo

One morning last August, about an hour after I got out of bed, I was hit with freezing chills and violent shaking. I was in a panic, I had never experienced  anything like this before......When I got to the ER, they said  that I had a uriniary track infection. (I didn't realize at that time that I was having tolerance withdrawal symptoms) When I got my prescription, it was for levequin. After I read the list of side effects associated with this medicine I refused to take it!......Thank God.....It turned out that the culture  was negative for a bacterial infection. It was tolerance withdrawls, which I had to figure out for my self, the doctors sure didn' have a clue. I even mentioned that I was taking ativan and wondered if I could be having withdrawals . The doctor just looked at me like I was out of my mind........I see now that levequin has a class-action lawsuit against it, also black box warning is being considered...........Dont' be afraid to question your doctor!!

Hi Cargon.   Looks like we share the same avatar!  I've had success with augmentin for sinus problems.  It's a stronger version of amoxycillin.  I always take either acidophillus or a good probiotic (you can get over the counter) to keep the tummy calm while on antibiotics.  Congrats by the way on one week off benzos :thumbsup::).

Best,

Vertigo