Zoned out bad? Anxiety or Meds?

[ch...]

I have been able to control my anxiety and panic well with Kpin, but i seem to be so out of it mentally. I feel like i am always in a fog or a dreamlike state. Almost like im stuck in my own head? Is this a side effect of the medicine, or related to low levels of anxiety?

Thanks,

Christian

Hi ,

It sounds like derealization to me which is a anxiety state.  Anxiety is definately one of the main symptoms of benzo withdrawl and it manifests itself in many ways.  Not sure if you are tapering or not, but try not to let the derealization scare you.  It will go away, I know it's scary at times but hang in there.        Ginia

Hi Christian!

I think I know what you are describing.

I took clonazepam (generic of klonopin) for several years and the fog you describe is something I experienced as well.  On the one hand it did indeed reduce my anxiety/panic.  Benzos are no doubt effective in the beginning, I believe.  Yet it made me feel much like you said,  "Zoned out".

While on the benzo my depression worsened, as did my motivation and memory.  In fact it seemed to have lost most of it's anti-anxiety effects over the last year or so.  That is why I decided to quit.

Tapering off the clon. wasn't exactly easy, but I now feel like I'm well on my way to recovery.

Hope that helps you.  :)    

Thanks guys, ive looked into derealization and it describes my state pretty well. I just dont understand it because i seem to have control of my anxiety, or so i think?... does derealization last with low level anxiety?

derealization is a sign of withdrawal as well.  I had a bad case of it for the entire duration.  It's just starting to subside.  It's also there with depression and new medictions in the brain can also cause this.

yep new meds can easily make derealization worse. i get it bad, and noticed that it is really heard about from Clonazepam (K) w/d. it is caused by the adrnalin overdose and the brain just cant handle the stress so it retreats.

i think this is why later in the day when you run low on adrenalin things are more reasonable.