One year

[Lu...]

It's been one year since I got off this poison.  I have been mostly symptom free for about 1-2 months.  I have an occasional flare-up but nothing like it was 6-9 months ago. Stress and lack of sleep and the primary culprits for flare-ups. If I have any advice to someone trying to cope with withdrawal, I would have two things to say.  First, don't cold turkey.  I should have listened to my wife and what people on this board were saying about going cold turkey but I wanted off the drugs.  CT seemed to be the fastest route.  It may be the fastest route off but I believe, in hindsight, that it significantly increased the length and intensity of the withdrawal process.  Secondly, I tried to exercise 4 -5 times a week.  It seemed to help.  While it didn't permanently cure the symptoms, it would seem to ease them and I would almost crave the workout.

I wish everyone dealing with these insipid drugs the best of luck.  It does get better.

Thank you Lucky for posting your success story,advice and well wishes. I am trying to weave in the exercise piece as you said...joined the gym..now just have to get myself there! I do believe this will help me during tapering so thank you for your encouraging words. Glad you are feeling better and can put this behind you!

Best wishes,

Jan

Thank you Lucky for posting your success story.  So glad to hear that you have your life back and thanks for letting us know about the exericse....  good luck to you in your new benzo-free life.

Hoping2BFree

Congrats on your healing, I wish you continued success. Thanks so much for sharing your story, it gives others hope.  :smitten:

Congrats on getting your life back..there IS life after benzo's! Best wishes to you and your family..you deserve it.

cupcake