Burning and painful nerve endings (parasthesia)

[Ho...]

Anyone else having this around the 10 - 11 month mark? I have also been seeing VERY BAD black floaters when I go outside. It looks like black smoke swirling around when I move my eyes around. They stop shortly after my eyes stop. Ears have spells where they ring during all of this too. The floaters have been going on a couple of months now. The nerve ending pain is brutal. Are these symptoms that tend to want to hang around for a long long time? I feel like I dont have any skin. Getting discouraged as things seem to still be getting worse.

I've seen many members talk about burning, it sounds awful, the eye floaters and tinnitus are common too.  I'm sorry you're still suffering so much at 11 months, but you're getting really close to the time when you should start to see major improvement.  I'm not sure if things get worse, or we just get so worn down from the pain that it feels that way.  Hang on, you're getting there.

I've seen many members talk about burning, it sounds awful, the eye floaters and tinnitus are common too.  I'm sorry you're still suffering so much at 11 months, but you're getting really close to the time when you should start to see major improvement.  I'm not sure if things get worse, or we just get so worn down from the pain that it feels that way.  Hang on, you're getting there.

Thanks Pam. I sure hope things start getting better soon. I have been having these spells the past few days where I get this EXREMELY nasty raw feeling inside and out, like something is very, very wrong. Yesterday and the day before, I would get a bad headache accompanied by a weird hot feeling all over, and nauseous along with the raw feeling. All that comes to mind is something is going on with my CNS and I pray that it is HEALING going on. This seems very very wrong, to be considered healing going on but I'm hanging on to hope. I haven't had any windows in 4 months.

I was bit on the face by a dog and badly burned my hand while on benzos. These injuries are very sensitive to fluctuations in my blood levels and yes I experience burning sensations where the innjuries occured.

Hi,

What you describe, as Pam said, is very common.

Many of the fast sensations are caused by an overstimluation of the trigeminal nerve. This is very common in benzo withdrawal and sometimes doesn't appear until after one has tapered or stopped the medication. It is usually on the list of symptoms one may run into in benzo withdrawal. The overstimulation of this nerve can cause head, face, nose, mouth, eye and ear symptoms. Whenever this area "fixes" itself, you may see a few symptoms go away all at once. :)

Hang in there..congrats on being almost a year off....I agree with Pam...the one year off mark..seems to be either the healing point or the turning point for a lot of people here at BB...

TC

Thanks guys for posting and giving the great reassurance. I'm hoping to also hear from some other people who have experienced this rawness inside and out. My anxiety is almost back in full force like at 3 months off, and of course the other usual symptoms. I know according to statistics, I should be healing fine. It does get discouraging when you feel like you are right back at the beginning.

I'm 11 months out and have had several issues pop back up that I thought were gone. I am having a lot of pain where my tendons attach, elbows, knees, armpits and groin. I am also waking up with the dead arms and hands again, which I haven't had in a couple of months. To top it off, the ringing in the ears, please make it stop.  :(

I'm 11 months out and have had several issues pop back up that I thought were gone. I am having a lot of pain where my tendons attach, elbows, knees, armpits and groin. I am also waking up with the dead arms and hands again, which I haven't had in a couple of months. To top it off, the ringing in the ears, please make it stop.  :(

Oh yes! Me too with the dead hands and ear ringing! I haven't woke up with my hands like that in a few months and 3 days ago, I woke up with the middle and index fingers on BOTH hands completely asleep like circulation was cut off, but it seems to be more of a neurological feeling associated with it. I even feel like I have nerve endings in my stomach burning the last few days. Reflux is also much worse.

I forgot to mention the reflux, even while taking Nexium.

Yes, I take a ppi too and it barely phases it, and I usually have an iron stomach on the ppi's.

I'm going to add something to this..... I have VERY BAD stinging today in my arms and legs tissue.....VERY, VERY BAD. At close to 11 months out, was anyone else in this much pain as far as parasthesia? This is becoming intolerable. I really need to relate with someone on this. 

Hi, At a little over 11 months off i have very bad stinging numbness in face, hands, feet, legs. My hands and feet flush severely in warm water. Its very painful, I hope you feel better soon. I als occ get the small black floaters, and ear pressure is really bad all the time too. Hopefully this will all settle down soon. Colleen

Hi, At a little over 11 months off i have very bad stinging numbness in face, hands, feet, legs. My hands and feet flush severely in warm water. Its very painful, I hope you feel better soon. I als occ get the small black floaters, and ear pressure is really bad all the time too. Hopefully this will all settle down soon. Colleen

Thankd Colleen. Im sorry you have that too. ive had the floaters non stop for around 3 months i think. Today, my hands feel a weird pressure in them like the blood is rushing hard into them, like really hard, and they sting too. I checked my BP and it was 131/80 with pulse 79. perfect! Hard to believe everything checks out so normal when I feel so bad. Hopefully this is the storm before the calm.

I am almost 8 months off and still have eye floaters and also burning in my arms. The burning in  my arms has gone down a lot in intensity and it is not as painful as it once was, but it is still there.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been benzo free for 30 days and i"m burning on my arms and back my  legs burn in spots but my arms all over and my back all over antone have this.

Hi Hope, I just read where TC said some is the overstimulation with the tridegminal nerve. You are so spot on TC. A great explanation to us that have these head symptoms and sensations. Holy.

Involvement of the Trigeminal nerve

It feeds sensation and function to your jaws, face, tongue, sinus, palate, eyes, teeth, and lips.

The trigeminal accounts for over 40% of the brain's processing. In other words, your brain spends over 40% of its energy trying to figure out what the trigeminal nerve is sending to and from it. The trigeminal also has innervation and control over certain areas of the brain itself.

The trigeminal nerve is also "married" to the facial, hypoglossal, and vagus nerves. These nerves control sensation and function of almost all other muscles of your head, neck, and throat.

I took out certain corroborating phrases. http://www.dental--health.com/migraine_headaches.html

Thanks TC. This is so good, us in understanding and why. Can you believe that Hope? Sure explains a lot. - I just read more as it goes down, it even explains the blurry vision. IT'S ALL CONNECTED with this nerve. Wow. Sinuses, hurting ears, GERD, headaches,TMJ and on...............

xoxoxo

• 2 months later...

Hi Hope friend, I have taht rawness you posted abt , mine feels like carpet burning inside and outside, my hands dont feel like hands any more when I wash them it feels so raw , doesnt feel like skin, almost like sand paper. I have severe stinging/carpet burning pain all over my body , I am off now 13.5 mths , I was on K for 4 1/2 mths only , had no other Medication since or was never on any b4 benzos , I use to have awsome windows where I actually thought I was recovering or recovered, but the past 3 mths or so it doesnt feel like a window just less i intensity , and even that dont come too often anymore , very discouraging . How were your windows , were they great and plentiful, I use to get them every mth , all ,y symptoms are physical alot of nerve issues , burning , weakness, weird sensation flowing around inside me , hard to explain that , but whatever it is makes me feel weak, but not physically just a sensation of it, I have pressure , and alot of sensativity from touch that triggers alot of symptoms , very discourging when I am 13.5 mths off and continuing to feel like I am getting worst , tx for dropping by my blog . Your not alone hun.

Love Laura