tapering from 3mg of klonipin

[mi...]

Hi, This is mishi,  What I am i doing wrong.  My nights or horrendous.  Sleep very little, jittery in my chest, now I am having leg cramps in my calves really bad.  I am nauseas in the morning.  I do not know what to do.

My friend who was on benzos for 2o years recently just stopped.  He was fine while he was tapering, really healthy, now that he stopped he is so sick he scared me.

He is hallucinating, scary things in his head.  I am scared.  Is this what is going to happen.  I am at 2.25mg of klonipin right now i have to keep the course, but I am getting worse as I taper.  Is there anyway around this.

BB please help with suggestions I do not know if I can keep going like this it is to painful.  I have a family with kids at home what am I going to do,  Am I going to die.

What are these leg cramps.  How will I get on a plane I have to.  Thank you for your support.  Are we klonipin people going to survive, and how. 

This is what must happen mishi, the pain is your body screaming for the drug, this means you're on the right track.  Keep going, you must hurt to heal, so you're doing the right thing.

Since you say you are feeling steadily worse, you may need to hold a while and stabilize.  You've been cutting every week and that may be too often for your body to accomplish the healing necessary.  If I were in your shoes, I would hold at least another week before thinking of cutting and then start allowing 10-14 days between cuts.  I'm sorry your friend stopped his benzo suddenly.  That would account for how he's feeling now.  You will not have the same symptoms since you are doing a slow taper and allowing your body to heal gradually along the way. 

Dear BB I forgot to mention earlier it is on my mind if you are weaning off a 3mg of klonipon compared to someone that is weaning off lets say 1mg of klonipon will your withdrawals be worse during the taper and after the taper, or it is not true. 

I am worried of that because people still suffer on low doses and this terrifies me.

My friend who took benzos for 20 years, I mentioned earlier he did a slow taper and he was wonderful no pain very healthy, but when he stopped, he went crazy in his head is that what is going to happen to me.  Do you get crazy in the head.  Thank you. mishi.

When I get lower lets say one more 1mg lower will i be sicker.  How do people handle these withdrawals without feeling like you are going to get thru it when it hurts so much.  Can we die from the withdrawal.  Does leg cramps come into withdrawal.  Talk to you soon. Please tell me I can do this.  I am so scared especially because i have family and kids and I started at 3mg of klonipin.  I was cold turkey before that does this mean withdrawals will take longer

Hi Mishi.  I merged your two threads since they said much of the same thing.

You don't have to start a new thread whenever you want to respond to someone on a current thread you have started.

If you look at the green tabs to the right, one says reply, and you can click on that to type in your response.

If you have a completely different topic you would like to raise, then you are certainly welcome to start another thread.

Hang in there, Mishi!  This is an awful thing to experience, but you will make it.  Just remember that a slow, safe taper is the best way off these drugs. :hug:

you cannot die from W/d but watch out for your mind telling you otherwise!

It's the horrible awful drug.

cutting every week is very hard and i was forced to do that and now wish that i had been able to get Valium before the taper and also no matter what drug, been able taper more slowly.

it seems to me that the faster the harder for some, and your posts seem to tell that is happening to you.

if you can stabilize for 10-14 days you may get a window or two; but its differnet for everyone.

Pamster has seen it all here, and is a good help.

i feel for you

ra

Hi Mishi,

Congrats on coming this far in your taper.

It appears you are going way too fast for your body to handle. This would explain why things continue to get worse. Everyone has to find their own "sweet spot" in their taper, the rate that works for them. Sometimes it is trial and error. Many of us slowed up and then sped up to try to find that sweet spot.

I can tell you that I have never seen anyone heal quickly using the cut, cut, cut mentality. The cut and I will feel better when I am done usually leads to a long drawn out withdrawal. There are people here that did that and have been off since 2009 and still are in pretty bad shape. There is no one sized fits all taper, which is sort of the problem. We all have to do our own taper that works for us.

Some of the ladies have made the same point, that the crash and burn taper is not the way to go. You might want to consider a new plan. Even a moderate taper, is better than a quick one that lands you in protracted withdrawal. I agree with Pam too, that we all will have to pay some sort of price to get off these medications. The key is to try to minimize the dues you pay. For most of us, we can not completely eliminate them, as we all have some symptoms.

Hang in there..keep asking questions..that is the best way to learn here...there are some great people here and they are all looking out for you...we all want to see you succeed.

TC

Hello, my bb friends.  I am repeating a question because I have not received an answer:  Do people who start tapering from 3mg of klonipin compared to people who start tapering from 1mg. of klonipin have longer and more severe protracted withdrawals.  Thank you for your support. Mishi. Be well.

[04...]

Mishi,

Hi, no one can really tell you that since everyone is different.

I know you have a husband and children at home, and I can feel your sense of urgency.

It seems to me that you are trying to rush the process. I think being on a higher dose does not mean protracted withdrawal, not at all. I think c\t and a rushed taper could and I emphasize 'could' lead you there.

From what i've read of your posts and others replies to you, I think you need to do a slow taper.

A rush to get the drug out of your system does not mean healing. TRUST ME!

I did a detox center and they jumped me off at .5MG Klonopin, sounds relatively low right, compared to 3MG.

BUT I am still suffering bigtime and I'm almost 4 months off this coming week.

Slow and steady wins the race. Make sure the taper works for YOUR BODY, not your friends or not anyone else's on here.

Wishing you much love and success.

Trust me, your husband and kids would rather have you back whole and later vs. half there but sooner.

Hang in there.

All relationships can be mended later.

Your BB pal,

Melo

Mishi,

I'm sorry your sleep is so disrupted while you are tapering and that you are having such a hard time of this. 

I can't answer this question, but if I only had one piece of advice it would be to try to do a soft landing.  The healing takes time regardless of where you start from, and when you're off the benzo, you're off.  There is nothing to help you sleep.  Slow at the end may be a good thing to start healing while still getting some sleep.