free since 4 month!

[of...]

hello everybody!

i would like to write a few sentences down to encourage everyone who needs it.

I was on benzos for 15 month. A doctor precribed diazepam to me to help me cope with my sleeping issues.

After 15 month the package was empty and i didn´t think any further about it. After 14 days i had to deal the most dreadful symptoms i ever experienced in my life. I felt dizzy, i had terrible depressions i had twitches in my muscels. I could´nt "move my face". Everything felt stiff and hard. So my faceexpression was really strange an people startet reacting accordingly.

I felt very tired and aggressiv and the hardest part for me was the nervousness that i head to get through.

I didn´t immediately understand were all of the symptoms came from. So i called several doctors and asked them if the symptoms might come from diazepam. They ecplaines to me that this was a withdrawal and that i had to expect to feel longer than 3 month like this.

So i took all the strength that i had and went through this. It was the hardest time of my life and i often was sure that was going mad.

Lately someone told me that it is quiet dangerous to stop taking the drug fastly.

Even one week ago i was still not sure if i would ever be the person that i used to be.

The depression and the strange feeling of insecurety is still al little with me.

But i am allmost healed and i really want to encourage everybode who wants to quitt from taking benzos!!!! :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:GO FOR IT!!! IT IS WORTH IT!!!!

When i was taking diazepam i often felt like i was sitting in front of a wall. I could´nt really be myself. I was always tired and not interested in life.

So what i want to say is i´m so gratefull to be back!!!

I´m so happy that i´m the person that i was before. When i look back i often had a lot of complaints about this and that.

Now i am glad to be alive and don´t care anymore if it´s raining or storming outside. Or if someone is in a funny mood or whatever. I´m only glad to be myself.

All the best for all of you who want to quitt taking benzos!!!!!You can make it!!!

Hello offofbenzo,

I moved your story from benzo free celebrations to Success Stories, because you are a success!  Thank you so much for letting us know how far you've come in such a short time.  You give hope to others who are following in your footsteps.

Pam

hello,

as far as have read c/t is never the best idea. In my case the package was empty and i didn´s know that i had become addicted.

I didn´t take valium every day. I often had pauses of 7 days or even 10 days. But i also often took it every third day.

Luckily i c/t and  didn´t have any seizures. This can easily happpen. So please be carefull!!!

If you want to stop just taper down. That´s the savest way!

I accidentially taperd down in June 2010. From the end of june till mid july i had 16 days without valium without ANY symptoms. Because i took in june only every sixth day or so and only 5 mg. Never more.

Then i started to take a little more in august. And end august i even took 20mg two times. In september i took pretty much by my standards. And in oktober i took 20 mg on the first and on the sixth. Maybe my withdrawal was quiet mild because of the low dosages in june/july.

Please excuse my very bad english!! I am just so happy that i found this site!!!!

I wish I'd found this website before stopping ativan. I would have tapered for longer. It seems the hell of tapering is less than the hell that follows if you don't taper long enough and slow enough.

So glad you have your life back to enjoy again!

-Tanya

Thank you so much everybody!!

Just keep going!! Believe in yourselfes and be confident!! Everyone who wants to make will make it. It just takes time and a strong will!

Remember whenever the symptoms come, it is a sign for your healing! That´s how i did it!

Afterwards you will feel way better than before this mess started!!

All the best!!!

It´s a wonderful life! Let´s fight to get it back!!!