Recover08's 2 Year post Benzo Celebration!

[re...]

Hi Buddies  :) ,

The day has finally come and I am 2 years off the benzos and life is pretty ok these days. I still remember those days that I was taking

those nasty benzos and I also had tons of Withdrawls from my 2 bouts that I had with the nasty and dangerous antibotic

called levaquin.

I went through all the symptoms/withdrawls and life was pure hell and getting off the 4mg of ativan was one of the best

choices that I ever made. This website and the members were very helpful and supportive and it gave me motivation to taper and get off

the  nasty benzos.

My taper was via dry cutting and it had its bump and negatives, I still continued and never ever thought about updosing or staying

on the benzos. I honestly don't think I stabalized and just decided to keep cutting close to every 7-14 days, most of my later cuts were

beyond the 7 day marks.

I figured that I might not feel so well during my cuts, but I wanted off the junk and holding was never an option for me. Being stuck on the dope longer than needed was not an option for me. I experienced tons of withdrawls, from numbness, sleep issues (came at day 10 of my .125 cut), Gi issues, tingling, body temp flucuations, food sensitivities....LOTS

I faced the same up hill battles that most of you face and I managed to just keep true to my taper and try to let time heal my issues. Time did a good job and today I can honestly say that I am about 90% better and my life goes on and I cannot blame anything on benzos or its effects these days.

My other 10% stems from my bouts from the levaquin but thats ok, I'll take these little 10% worth of issues compared to being on

benzos and living in a horror.

There are quite a few people that were very helpful to my recovery, WonderWoman and Patty were such angels and bless both of you. I am also looking forward to seeing my buddy TC's success story!

Don't ever give up folks, healing can and will happen. Don't let withdarwls scare you into thinking that life will never get better, it does get better. I recall my sleep issues and how I was sleeping 1-2 hours for the first 50 days and I had back to back 40 hours of no sleep, maybe 30 min in between. These things are scary, best thing to do is remain calm during your worst withdrawls and take a deep breathe and try to relax as much as possible.

Being calm and trying to relax will help, I know some of you have anxiety issues and this may be hard, but still try to relax and help yourself.

The supplements that I took during my taper were whey protein powder and fish oil, multi vits revd me up real bad. The thing about benzos is this it can deplete your vit d levels in your system, make sure to take it if you can, low vit d levels can make ya feel pretty bad.

Take care people!

Recover,

What a great update. I remember back when I was a newbie we had many, many good conversations in the chat room. At that time, I think you were a few months off the benzos, and I was searching for a way to get off of Klonopin. You have come a long way, my friend. I am glad to hear that the benzo issues have resolved and that the remaining Levaquin issues are not keeping you from enjoying life to the fullest.

I always appreciated the way you keep things straight forward and honest. I agree with the statement you have made several times that the best way we can fight this benzo epidemic is to educate people.

Thank you for coming back and sharing your story. I hope you still check in from time to time. It is always great talking to you in chat.

Congrats again..for beating the benzo beast.

TC

Hugs and kisses to you.  I think that other 10% will get better as time goes on.  Please come back every so often because it gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

Love,

Patty  xoxoxo

Thanks for sharing and giving all of us more hope from those just beginning their taper, to those who are currenlty tapering, to those who are nearing their individual successes, and to the keeper of the flames (the moderators).  Chalk up another one for our side. 

I didn't communicate with you much (if at all), but I did read your blog because I felt that you had a lot to say about insomnia, and reading your trials and healing about insomnia kept me focused when I had those horrible sleepless nights.  Thank you for staying the course.  God bless you.

Retire2010

Congrats!!!  Thank you so much for sharing your story.

I was prescribed Levaquin last year and took two doses and was very sick to my stomach both times so I stopped taking them and asked for something different.  What did the Levaquin do to you?

Congrats!!!  Thank you so much for sharing your story.

I was prescribed Levaquin last year and took two doses and was very sick to my stomach both times so I stopped taking them and asked for something different.  What did the Levaquin do to you?

Hi there,

I posted all the stuff levaquin did to me in my blog, I like to keep this thread as positive as possible  ;D

Thanks to everyone that posted  ;D ,

I am no different than you good people, I just went through the struggles earlier and time did the rest for me. Anyone and everyone can heal if they know that time and taking care of yourselves is the answer. Life is good these days and I live in control of my life and not a pill!

Bless you all!