Author Topic: withdrawl  (Read 1263 times)

[Buddie]

withdrawl
« on: February 23, 2011, 05:33:21 am »
Hello, anybody--  I'm having trouble navigating BB.  I guess I'm having trouble concentrating.  [...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: withdrawl
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 05:40:12 am »
You posted this on the Anxiety board, Red. Are you having trouble figuring out the different boards?  There's a description of the purpose of each of them under their names on the main forum page. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 05:47:13 am »
Thanks!  I am afraid of convulsions, altho I've never had one, I know they can come without warning.  Anxiety has been a problem for me for years, hence the addictions.  [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 10:41:14 am »
Hello Red,

As long as you do a slow taper the risk of convulsions(seizure) is less. Try not to worry about those.

Did you start a taper yet?

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 02:57:47 pm »
Hi [...]!
Let us know if you're still having trouble navigating the site. 
It can be a bit confusing at first, but you'll get the hang of it :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 04:06:53 pm »
I am sure that the reason I got hooked on the downer class of drugs (narcotics, tranquilizers) rather than the "go fast" class i.e. speed and coke and what-not, even the enormous quantity of beer starting at age 13 was a direct consequence of anxiety.  I was painfully shy, more than your "average" 13 year old, and smoking cigarettes and drinking beer was a great relief to me... for a while.  Then alcohol became a bigger prob for me than shyness.  I reckon.  I don't know how my life would have turned out.  Well, that's not true.  The alcohol would have killed me before I reached 30.  Of this I am sure.  Maybe I shouldn't say this, but those years of Percodan use saved my life ( and left me with a nearly intractable pharmeceutacal habit.  I really, truly believe I can kick a 30 year methadone habit, if I can just get around these benzos.  I'm going to work up a schedule for the pills, abide by it and ever so slowly, taper.  I'm 62 now and I can't waste time.   The future is now., and I'm ready.  Thanks for accepting me in your group.   [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 04:09:18 pm »
Hi Red,

If you'll click on this link and go to the last reply on the thread, and hit reply we can get started on how you should taper, okay?

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=28156.0