is this anxiety, scary feeling like you are jumping out of your skin

[mi...]

Hi, this is mishi, I wake up in the morning like something bad and scary is going to happen. If feels like it is in my chest, my head and i jump out of bed. Very fearful feeling. You do not feel normal. It feels real.  Is this withdrawal.  Does it go away.  It is such a scary feeling.  You literally feel the worst is going to happen to you.

I also wanted to know some bb suffer so terrribly for so long during tapering, and even when they stop, does this mean this is going to happen.

Do you become so sick all the time.  I am terrified.  I know everyone is different.  Thank you mishi

ps.  I am so scared right now it is 9am in the morning, does this pass

Mishi  :therethere:

Morning anxiety is a very common phenomenon.  One of our buddies started a support blog for it some months back:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=15138.0

It's supposedly caused by an increase in the stress hormone, cortisol, and low blood sugar.  And, of course, once you feel the anxiety, your mind takes off in all kinds of scary directions, escalating the problem.  I had morning anxiety for nearly a month and then it went away.  While I was getting it, I started immediately having a snack or breakfast to combat the low blood sugar and then used my usual calming techniques, which often included a brisk walk to "wear off" the cortisol.  You are not helpless in this, mishi; there are things you can do and one of them includes reassuring yourself that it is just the effects of the benzo and you are not going to die from it.  You know the old saying: whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger.  ;)

Hi Mishi,

I KNOW EXACTLY what you mean; it is TOUGH!  :crazy: I've been off xanax for 4 1/2 months (was on it for 12yrs); first couple of months were very tough with scary thoughts,etc (you can see some of my other posts where I speak a little about this). While I do have some occasional days that are very hard (like today), for the most part my 4th month hasn't been that bad; I've made tons of progress.  :thumbsup: The intensity of the attacks are smaller and the duration is shorter. Exercise is the biggest thing that has helped to detoxify all of that junk out of my body and has strengthened my mind from the horrific mind battles that take place.  :yippee:

You WILL make it through it all; stay determined and be very proactive (eating health, exercise, bible reading and prayer have all helped me tremendously, etc). Be blessed!

Sir William