Anxiety, panicky, mental battle and exercise

[Si...]

Alright, since coming off the meds (4 1/2 months ago) I have had numerous panicky feelings and the mental struggle has been tough at times (sometimes I feel that I am going crazy). 

I am just reconfirming what has helped me with these stupid things and that is (1) eating more healthy and (2) exercise; I mean butt kicking exercise. The more I progress in this effort, I find that my episodes are much shorter and they are not as intense.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, DETERMINATION is THE biggest factor in overcoming this junk. After 12yrs on the meds, I know that my body has got to be retrained. I know that it is going to take some time, but exercise is the single most important thing we can do to eliminate the toxins from our bodies; eating healthier is the second best thing--don't feed your body trash (fast foods, etc--just saying!).

Hang in there peps; you CAN do it!  Be blessed!

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Sir William....I just took my last dose 3/3 and I know I will start feeling really bad in a day or so.  One question I have....I have been eating right for 2 years and exercising 3 days a week.  Now I am afraid to exercise.  I'm afraid I will pass out or something.  I AM DETERMINED and thinking positive thoughts.....Did you exercise through the worst of your w/d symptoms?

That's awesome Leighjay!  Because you are eating healthy, exercising, and determined, I know you are going to make it through this thing.

My first month off was not that bad, the second was by far the worst for me (you can see some of my other posts where I mention some of the things I've experienced at different stages). Except for the second month, I did exercise (and still do). When I felt faint (which was a lot a times) then I just had to exercise at a different pace. However, I believe personally that a hard work out is going to help detox my body and get my body and mind retrained quicker back to normalcy.

Don't overdo anything of course; pay attention to your heart rate and target heart rate while exercising. Of course, make sure you have a clean bill of health from your doctor first (i.e. no heart problems, etc). I found that exercising helped me get over w/d quicker; s/x are the main thing I deal with now (after being on the meds for 12yrs, my body/mind was retrained--now I've got to retrain it back to what is normal--what a process! But, praise the Lord, I'm progressing and feeling better than I have in years). Drop me a line anytime.

P.S. I'm doing the Insanity work out program right now and it is kicking my butt!  Love it! (Of course, I wouldn't recommend this right now for you at this stage). Be blessed!

SirWilliam

• 1 month later...

Hello again!  I am 6 weeks out and feeling better. Still have symptoms but I am able to function better.  Back at exercise full time now. I am sure I will feel worse when I begin my taper off phenobarbital on 5/3.  Really scared about it.  The doc said I would probably have w/d symptoms again but they may not be as bad and will not last as long....maybe a week or so.  Wow....I have a long way to go with this.  It gets to be overwhelming but I have to keep thinking....one day at a time!

Yep I have to watch the heart rate because it can go up pretty high.  I just do what I can at the moment. I haven't had a panic attack in about a month.  I never had them to begin with so I am glad that is gone.  Just dealing with other annoying symptoms....tinnitus, sore tongue/mouth, muscle twitching, brain fog, etc. 

Glad you are doing so well now!

That's awesome Leighjay!  I still have a lot of that brain fog; hate that stuff, but like you say, "one day at a time."  Stay with it; we're going to make it!

Blessings!

• 3 weeks later...
I'm all about a good diet and exercise for mental health. I need protein and cardio to feel stable especially while reducing the K.