Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Valium - how many times a day?

[Fi...]

I've read that because Valium 's half life is so long it's fine to just dose once a day.

Others have mentioned dosing V 3-5 times a day.

Thoughts?

I've never heard of anyone dosing Valium 5 times a day, so that's not very common.

If you're not having interdose withdrawal then one dose a day is fine. The fewer doses, the easier to taper. I was dosing only once a day on Clonazepam.

Depends on the dosage.

The higher the dosage, the more times a day.

When it's high it can be 4 times a day, and you end up with one or two times a day.

Check the ashton manual for some tables. Those are guidelines, follow your feelings and adjust a bit if needed.

You can have interdose withdrawal on Valium, I always had that.

Depends on the dosage.

If you're not having any interdose withdrawal then there's no need to dose multiple times. The Ashton Manual is in specific relation to crossovers. FirstTaper is not crossing over.

If you are having interdose withdrawal then of course you'll dose more often. But I think making a blanket statement that the dosage is linked to frequency is problematic. I tried to switch my dosing to twice a day without interdose withdrawal because I thought you couldn't taper without crossing over and multiple doses like Ashton said. I became really sick when I did that. Luckily when I switched back to once a day I got better.

I've read that because Valium 's half life is so long it's fine to just dose once a day.

Thoughts?

I had to dose 5X a day due to wicked interdose w/d.  Now I'm down to 3X a day with minimal interdose w/d at 2.6 mg  :yippee: :yippee:

I do still get interdose however, although some days are better than others.

It's super important to listen to your body.

I was often told here that I couldn't get interdose with Valium due to the long half-life blah blah blah -- but I listened to my body and it told me what was right for me.

And that's just me

:)

Thoughts?

I had to dose 5X a day due to wicked interdose w/d.  Now I'm down to 3X a day with minimal interdose w/d at 2.6 mg  :yippee: :yippee:

I was often told here that I couldn't get interdose with Valium due to the long half-life blah blah blah -- but I listened to my body and it told me what was right for me.

And that's just me

Thanks for replying! Now I too know of someone who dosed 5 times.  :)

Thoughts?

And that's just me

Thanks for replying! Now I too know of someone who dosed 5 times.  :)

Yup and I'm not alone -- but we're a small club  ;)

Depends on the dosage.

If you're not having any interdose withdrawal then there's no need to dose multiple times. The Ashton Manual is in specific relation to crossovers. FirstTaper is not crossing over.

If you are having interdose withdrawal then of course you'll dose more often. But I think making a blanket statement that the dosage is linked to frequency is problematic. I tried to switch my dosing to twice a day without interdose withdrawal because I thought you couldn't taper without crossing over and multiple doses like Ashton said. I became really sick when I did that. Luckily when I switched back to once a day I got better.

Yes, ofcourse. Didn't mean it like that, that's it's purely based on dosage. Usually it works like that if you look at the ashton manual tables. Also, too high of a Valium dosage at once can knock some people out too much. I wasn't supposed to take more than 30 mg Valium at once according to my doctor, and I'm glad that I didn't take more than that. 30 mg was a lot, even at night.

Depends on the dosage.

Yes, ofcourse. Didn't mean it like that, that's it's purely based on dosage. Usually it works like that if you look at the ashton manual tables. Also, too high of a Valium dosage at once can knock some people out too much. I wasn't supposed to take more than 30 mg Valium at once according to my doctor, and I'm glad that I didn't take more than that. 30 mg was a lot, even at night.

Thanks for clarifying SnelleJelle. I know sometimes what we meant to say was something different.  :)