Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

my life is destroyed.

[Ya...]

Hi

I got lunesta from the doctor and had the worst paradoxical effect on it, immediately had a headache and couldn't sleep the worst nightmares and was so confused and depressed. the doctor kept telling me that it was me who had the symptoms of depression. although I've never been depressed. so i kept taking those, after 2 months i was taking 3-4 pills of 3 mg a day and it all got worse i stopped everything after 2 and a half months and have been clean for 3 and a half months. I still have such a strong button press severe anxiety deep depression my whole head is tingling. the worst is this memory disorder as if my memories are completely erased, I can't get anything going anymore this intense fear paralyzes me. I looked because of the hyperbaric oxygen therapy, had anyone done it?? how is your experience. because without doing something I won't be able to do it anymore.

Regards

Hello Yansun, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Your life isn’t destroyed, you can recover from this.  I has terrible depression on Ambien, it was dark and scary but I’m fine now.  Lunesta is a particularly nasty sleeping pill but your brain is working hard to repair the damage it did but it takes time.

You may benefit from reaching out to the members on this support group thread, they understand z-drugs.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97331.msg3468631#new

I believe some members have discussed hyperbaric oxygen therapy, you can use the search function to see what they had to say.  You’re still very early in recovery so I don’t think it would be useful for you at this point.

Pamster

Hallo pamster

I can't use the search function because it says I'm not yet activated to use this function. my head is now really spinning, since taking it I have had a feeling that I no longer exist, as if everything is unreal, everything is so strange and it makes me incredibly scared. My headache is so bad and my head is tingling. when i try to sleep i have the worst nightmares imaginable. and then I wake up too and don't even know where I am anymore. it's just frightening. oh man I can't anymore. I can't stand up anymore and just walk back and forth all day.

Yansun

I know these symptoms are scary but they’re perfectly normal for this process.  It’s best to try to remain calm because the more you stress about these symptoms, the worse you’ll feel, everything it tied to your nervous system. 

Here is a symptom list and explanations for why you feel them. Ashton Manual symptom list

You should be able to use the search function now that you’re a member, if it doesn’t work, let me know.

Hoi buddies

Because there is a guarantee that everyone will heal. I always read horror stories like this. it scares me even more. and this damage I have how will it ever heal again? for 3 and a half months. and I still have all the symptoms. when i fall asleep i wake up not even knowing where i am. my question is does everyone heal please? I'm still 31. It all started when I was 29.

From what I’ve seen everyone recovers, we just don’t know when.  Typical recovery is between 1-2 years after cessation of the drug, some take longer, some heal before.  This is a long process so do your best to educate and accept, its much better for you than fear and anxiety.

Hoi buddies

Because there is a guarantee that everyone will heal. I always read horror stories like this. it scares me even more. and this damage I have how will it ever heal again? for 3 and a half months. and I still have all the symptoms. when i fall asleep i wake up not even knowing where i am. my question is does everyone heal please? I'm still 31. It all started when I was 29.

Hello Yansun,

I spent some time entering this forum without being a member, then I applied to join, I read all the success stories, but I had the firm belief that this was not possible for me.

I was polydrugged for 17 years, with withdrawal between doses and tolerance from 2013 to 2017 when I found Dr. Ashton's manual and this forum.

Trust what Pamster tells you, the success stories and all of us who have improved. It is true and you will improve.

read Megan's story, in the time I've been here, I've seen her make a full recovery.

Hoi buddies

Hello Yansun,

I spent some time entering this forum without being a member, then I applied to join, I read all the success stories, but I had the firm belief that this was not possible for me.

I was polydrugged for 17 years, with withdrawal between doses and tolerance from 2013 to 2017 when I found Dr. Ashton's manual and this forum.

Trust what Pamster tells you, the success stories and all of us who have improved. It is true and you will improve.

read Megan's story, in the time I've been here, I've seen her make a full recovery.

Hi aira

Did you also have dr/dp??? can you share megans story please i cant focus on anything. i feel like i have this dr/dp as if its my thoughts but why the hell would i think something like that??? those damn drugs.

Hello Yansun,

My Dr/Dp were so bad, I felt like I was the lead in a horror movie.

Sometimes, people spoke to me and I didn't even hear what they were saying to me, and I had them in front of me. Everything was so scary and unreal. Sometimes if I had to go out into the street I didn't understand how people didn't realize how bad it was. Although I was paranoid that yes, as if they could read my thoughts.

Many times I saw myself on the bathroom floor or on the floor of my room crying and praying that I would have a heart attack or not have to face or spend another minute like this.

Interacting with the world was an impossible mission, living the next hour too, because it was not only Dr/Dp, it was extreme anxiety, palpitations, not being able to lie down, not being able to stand up, not wanting to go out into the street in panic at all, chills, fatigue, looping thoughts, electrical currents, etc.

You will cry but with joy when he leaves, when you see that you are present and that nothing terrifies you. You will hear yourself laughing and you will hear people complaining about how monotonous their day is or complaining about having to wait in a supermarket queue and you inwardly feeling happy delighted to be in line in peace and without Dr or Dp.

Here is Megan's story. I hope it helps you as much as it does me

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=258711.0

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have such a bad headache my head is tingling so badly like someone is constantly ramming 1000 knives into my head. and can't sleep at all. only a maximum of 1-2 hours and get the most violent nightmares a human being can have. did you have that too dear aira? please tell me yes and you will be much better. I am also very, very exhausted and dizzy, I can no longer stand on my feet.

Hello Yansun,

My Dr/Dp were so bad, I felt like I was the lead in a horror movie.

Sometimes, people spoke to me and I didn't even hear what they were saying to me, and I had them in front of me. Everything was so scary and unreal. Sometimes if I had to go out into the street I didn't understand how people didn't realize how bad it was. Although I was paranoid that yes, as if they could read my thoughts.

Many times I saw myself on the bathroom floor or on the floor of my room crying and praying that I would have a heart attack or not have to face or spend another minute like this.

Interacting with the world was an impossible mission, living the next hour too, because it was not only Dr/Dp, it was extreme anxiety, palpitations, not being able to lie down, not being able to stand up, not wanting to go out into the street in panic at all, chills, fatigue, looping thoughts, electrical currents, etc.

You will cry but with joy when he leaves, when you see that you are present and that nothing terrifies you. You will hear yourself laughing and you will hear people complaining about how monotonous their day is or complaining about having to wait in a supermarket queue and you inwardly feeling happy delighted to be in line in peace and without Dr or Dp.

Here is Megan's story. I hope it helps you as much as it does me

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=258711.0

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have such a bad headache my head is tingling so badly like someone is constantly ramming 1000 knives into my head. and can't sleep at all. only a maximum of 1-2 hours and get the most violent nightmares a human being can have. did you have that too dear aira? please tell me yes and you will be much better. I am also very, very exhausted and dizzy, I can no longer stand on my feet.

If I had strange symptoms in my head, sometimes I felt strong pressure, other times hundreds of punctures. And sometimes a strong pain as if I had been hit.

In fact, I went to the neurologist and had a Cranial CT done, for those symptoms and other neurological ones, and everything was fine.

Give it time

The punctures and the pressure have improved, they may appear occasionally but not as before.

The intense pain only appears if I am in the same position for a long time and it can be from the neck.