Don't go by what you feel or fear

[Si...]

I've been doing great after 4months off the Xanax (after 12yrs being on it); however, I had 1 tough day last week and another today. Here's what happens; lots of mental fog in the morning and throughout the day, strong negative "what if" thoughts, and physically just feel downright awful  :sick:.  But here is what I have done each time and have come out the victor each time.

1. I refuse to give in to the negative. I understand that what I feel or fear is not really real--it is the affect of the medicine (I have been to numerous doctors, understatement  :laugh:, and have had my entire body check out  :crazy:--I am physically alright as far as that goes). I have had some strong mental battles, but I have just made up my mind that I am going to kick these feelings and fears in the butt :thumbsup:  I will not be the victim any-longer baby  8)

2. I review and affirm my progress. In the mental fog, sometimes it's hard to see where I've come from; I have to take a few minutes to look it over. Hey, hey, hey!  I am OFF the meds!  I am NOT having all the physical, mental, emotional, etc problems I was having!  I am confident (not to mention good looking  ;D)!  I have come a looooonnnng way baby! That's a fact!

3. I continue to work out and stay focused.  I have goals that I am accomplishing everyday. I read the word of God and I pray; praise God, I am a winner!

Blessings to you all; you CAN do it!  Kick it!  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the great update, Sir William.  It's always encouraging to learn that someone is doing well off their benzo, even if there have been some recent bumps in the road (or potholes, as the case may be.  ;) ).  I hope you will soon feel like adding your story to our Success Stories board.