Author Topic: Don't go by what you feel or fear  (Read 926 times)

[Buddie]

Don't go by what you feel or fear
« on: February 09, 2011, 12:34:12 am »
I've been doing great after 4months off the Xanax (after 12yrs being on it); however, I had 1 tough day last week and another today. Here's what happens; lots of mental fog in the morning and throughout the day, strong negative "what if" thoughts, and physically just feel downright awful  :sick:.  But here is what I have done each time and have come out the victor each time.

1. I refuse to give in to the negative. I understand that what I feel or fear is not really real--it is the affect of the medicine (I have been to numerous doctors, understatement  :laugh:, and have had my entire body check out  :crazy:--I am physically alright as far as that goes). I have had some strong mental battles, but I have just made up my mind that I am going to kick these feelings and fears in the butt :thumbsup:  I will not be the victim any-longer baby  8)

2. I review and affirm my progress. In the mental fog, sometimes it's hard to see where I've come from; I have to take a few minutes to look it over. Hey, hey, hey!  I am OFF the meds!  I am NOT having all the physical, mental, emotional, etc problems I was having!  I am confident (not to mention good looking  ;D)!  I have come a looooonnnng way baby! That's a fact!

3. I continue to work out and stay focused.  I have goals that I am accomplishing everyday. I read the word of God and I pray; praise God, I am a winner!

Blessings to you all; you CAN do it!  Kick it!  :thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Don't go by what you feel or fear
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 05:06:55 am »
Thanks for the great update, [...].  It's always encouraging to learn that someone is doing well off their benzo, even if there have been some recent bumps in the road (or potholes, as the case may be.  ;) ).  I hope you will soon feel like adding your story to our Success Stories board.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Don't go by what you feel or fear
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 01:31:19 am »
Thanks for the post SW.   You sound like a survivor...   
Blessings to you too!