Important Survey - Please Participate ×

BB Shake Up

[Co...]

Hi all,

Large changes to BB are coming. I know I've talked about this many times in the past, but more as an aim. But they are really coming now! In preparation for this, over the past day I've been making some changes to how registrations operate, rationalising usergroups, and some changes to board access rights, etc. (mostly affecting guests and new members). If I've done it all correctly, you should notice no meaningful changes to forum operations. But if anything appears off to you, please post about it here and I'll take a look.

As I say, these changes are only in preparation of much larger changes coming in the next 2-3 weeks. I won't detail them here - it will be a surprise! :)

Hi all,

Large changes to BB are coming. I know I've talked about this many times in the past, but more as an aim. But they are really coming now! In preparation for this, over the past day I've been making some changes to how registrations operate, rationalising usergroups, and some changes to board access rights, etc. (mostly affecting guests and new members). If I've done it all correctly, you should notice no meaningful changes to forum operations. But if anything appears off to you, please post about here and I'll take a look.

As I say, these changes are only in preparation of much larger changes coming in the next 2-3 weeks. I won't detail them here - it will be a surprise! :)

Looking forward to it.  Thank you Colin.

Oh goodie..!! -we get a thumbs up and a heart icon..!!?? :)

(Lol, time pressures here atm, -and blissfully brain fried.. :) )

-“Cantwait” for the surprise..

:)

thank you Colin and all the Benzobuddies Forum admins and facilitators for your dedication.

My name is Allan Raw and I am very grateful to have found this forum through Dr. Heater Asthon. You guys saved my life because I finally found myself in a group that people like me had the same problems of chronic benzo use and its dependence. I'm not really one to respond to posts because I'm Brazilian from Rio de Janeiro and my English is too basic, so I use google translator a lot to help me. As I received a lot of help here, I try to pass on this precious information in a facebook group that I created in Brazil "...Rivotril como larar step by step .." I always post translated news from here, and blogs like Dr. Jennifer Leigh, Baylissa Frederick, etc.

Thanks again everyone and I hope that other Brazilians who use Benzo and don't know about the tolerance and withdrawal symptoms can get to know the forum..

Hugs from Brazil, Rio de Janeiro -Brazil Raw  :smitten:

• 1 month later...

Thank you Colin and all other staff members.

Two questions:

1.  Will the new software require people to register again?

2. What will happen with the old content on tapering?  Will that be transferred?

thanks.

Thank you Colin and all other staff members.

Two questions:

1.  Will the new software require people to register again?

2. What will happen with the old content on tapering?  Will that be transferred?

thanks.

Hello Confuseduser,

1. All accounts will transfer. You will login using your usual details. The domain name is unchanged. However, the forum will be located at the root of the site: benzobuddies.org (not benzobuddies.org/forum).

2. All content will be transferred. There will be small formatting bugs to some posts, but nothing which should cause the content to become unreadable. These small, infrequent problems will not apply to to new content produced using the new software.

Content will be better integrated with the software. And there are new features too (all fully integrated).

A belated thanks to Colin and the rest of the staff for keeping the current content and setting up a new board that does not require openein a new account to participate.

Thank you for this "board" and your post Colin, I just found it today, very grateful for all your work, this forum has helped me more than I even realize.  I am learning a lot, mostly about myself and how to better relate to others, and understand what benzos are, sadly, so capable of doing to the human body, especially the brain.

Denise