Does ECT or TMS help with quitting Benzos/Psychotropic Drugs?

[ei...]

I search the keyword "ECT" and nothing came out.

Just wondering if this procedure was ever used to treat Benzo/Antidepressant/Psychotropic drugs discontinuation syndromes?...

This topic comes up from time to time but to my knowledge no one has followed through.  I highly doubt it would help with benzodiazepine withdrawal, I don’t see how that would aid in GABA receptor growth and repair. 

Those members who have had ECT performed on them will typically contribute to threads asking about this with a strong word of caution.

Did you try using this search term in your browser? site benzobuddies.org: ECT

I had 24 TMS treatments in 2021 and for severe depression I would highly recommend it. I had been on Effexor for 16 years, when I got Covid and ended up with Serotonin Syndrome. I HAD to get off of Effexor. I realized that I couldn't go back on antidepressants, so TMS was my only option. I have felt sad at times, but not the deep dark endless abyss of severe depression.

• Like 1

there is a website/forum, victims of it, I guess it's called life post ECT, something like this,

I search the keyword "ECT" and nothing came out.

Just wondering if this procedure was ever used to treat Benzo/Antidepressant/Psychotropic drugs discontinuation syndromes?...

There is no medical procedure scientifically proven or clinically tested to treat psychiatric drug discontinuation syndromes. Everything you do to try to help yourself should be considered experimental. Not that clinical tests should be taken seriously anyway since typically the number of participants studied and the time frame of the study is lacking.

This topic comes up from time to time but to my knowledge no one has followed through.  I highly doubt it would help with benzodiazepine withdrawal, I don’t see how that would aid in GABA receptor growth and repair. 

Those members who have had ECT performed on them will typically contribute to threads asking about this with a strong word of caution.

Did you try using this search term in your browser? site benzobuddies.org: ECT

thanks. the broswer tip helped