Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Dr. Jennifer Leigh

[Ke...]

Thanks, KeyWest, I had a 1/2 hour session with Dr. Leigh, and came away with renewed hope for my full recovery!  She is a gem who has walked the walk, and now talks the talk in her dedicated efforts to help those of us who have been harmed by benzos!

GG

Thanks, KeyWest, I had a 1/2 hour session with Dr. Leigh, and came away with renewed hope for my full recovery!  She is a gem who has walked the walk, and now talks the talk in her dedicated efforts to help those of us who have been harmed by benzos!

GG

Not a problem.  Pamster noted that perhaps I should start a new thread for the Hyperbolic taper. I took that one step further by making new threads for each doctor trying to help us.  Think of it is a backup message area to their own website and you tube videos for chatting.

I think the famous Dr. Ashton already has a spot/place here.

I never heard of Doerring, Leigh, Horrowitz until this morning while reading posts.

GG

Not a problem.  Pamster noted that perhaps I should start a new thread for the Hyperbolic taper. I took that one step further by making new threads for each doctor trying to help us.  Think of it is a backup message area to their own website and you tube videos for chatting.

I never heard of Doerring, Leigh, Horrowitz until this morning while reading posts.

Actually, I was hoping you’d  start a thread on the taper board to discuss and plan a hyperbolic taper for you if it was something you were interested in.

GG

Actually, I was hoping you’d  start a thread on the taper board to discuss and plan a hyperbolic taper for you if it was something you were interested in.

Sorry Pam, I do not hold any degree of expertise to offer in that respect.  The members would far better if they watched the YouTube videos of the experts holding MD titles. 

All I can recall is that one can start a taper (say from 40mg) in larger reductions of 10% or so, whereas it tends to become a somewhat more refined and lower percentage reduction as the numbers get lower. 

Example:  it is ill advised to reduce 10% from a 1mg valium pill according to Dr. Doerring.  He suggests a lower percentage reduction of .5% or less when getting that small.  Yes - it extends the tapering process excruciatingly longer in time, but one must decide whether to pay your "dues" in reduction taper time, or quick and more anguish-based faster taper.

I myself am scared out of my pants reading these POST-WITHDRAWAL symptoms and the DURATION involved. (PAWS).  Reading about how people actually killed themselves to escape the process and pain isn't helpful and not very helpful.  It tends to make certain people taking Benzo's start to think of their unplanned futures 2-3-4-5 years from now and how they might handle it.

The positive aspect is that everyone has a different biochemistry and react differently to foods and drugs.  Try to plan to be among those lucky few who escape the post withdrawal symptoms. 

GG

Sorry Pam, I do not hold any degree of expertise to offer in that respect.  The members would far better if they watched the YouTube videos of the experts holding MD titles. 

All I can recall is that one can start a taper (say from 40mg) in larger reductions of 10% or so, whereas it tends to become a somewhat more refined and lower percentage reduction as the numbers get lower. 

Example:  it is ill advised to reduce 10% from a 1mg valium pill according to Dr. Doerring.  He suggests a lower percentage reduction of .5% or less when getting that small.  Yes - it extends the tapering process excruciatingly longer in time, but one must decide whether to pay your "dues" in reduction taper time, or quick and more anguish-based faster taper.

I myself am scared out of my pants reading these POST-WITHDRAWAL symptoms and the DURATION involved. (PAWS).  Reading about how people actually killed themselves to escape the process and pain isn't helpful and not very helpful.  It tends to make certain people taking Benzo's start to think of their unplanned futures 2-3-4-5 years from now and how they might handle it.

The positive aspect is that everyone has a different biochemistry and react differently to foods and drugs.  Try to plan to be among those lucky few who escape the post withdrawal symptoms.

Key West, I suggested you start a thread on the taper board to help YOU plan a taper.  When members need help figuring out how to taper, we ask them to start a thread on one of the taper boards, there are 3 to choose from.

Direct taper from your current medication http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=56.0

Substitution taper, whereby you slowly cross to another benzodiazepine then taper http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=61.0

Titration taper for those looking to make smaller reductions than pill splitting can provide. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=164.0

We can help you plan a taper if you’re interested in getting off of your medication.

You may want to add Baylissa, Jennifer Swan and Angela Peacock…

Chris Paige, David Powers... I think there are others.

The team has been working towards implementing a new policy on the mandatory qualifications we require before recommending health professionals on the forum, please do your due diligence before posting their names.

Below is our policy, if you have comments,, feel free to address them here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=277979.0

BB has experienced difficulties with some coaches/counsellors/therapists over the years. Some have caused problems for our members or for the community, or have been out-right charlatans. Below are our provisional guidance and requirements when recommending such services at BB. If a particular coach/counsellor/psychotherapist does not fulfill the four tests outlined below, they should not be recommended through our community platform. Failure to meet our four tests does not necessarily preclude discussion of individual services, but you will need to choose your words carefully and the BB Team might respond with cautionary remarks where the individual practitioner fails one or more of our tests.

The four (provisional) tests:

[*]They must hold nationally recognised counselling and/or psychotherapy qualification

[*]They must belong to a professional governing body with fully developed complaints and disciplinary procedures

[*]The counsellor/psychotherapist must not promote their own services at BB

[*]The counsellor/therapist must be in good standing with BenzoBuddies.

If you have any comments or feedback, feel free to add them here (or if you prefer, in private).

The team has been working towards implementing a new policy on the mandatory qualifications we require before recommending health professionals on the forum, please do your due diligence before posting their names.

Below is our policy, if you have comments,, feel free to address them here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=277979.0

BB has experienced difficulties with some coaches/counsellors/therapists over the years. Some have caused problems for our members or for the community, or have been out-right charlatans. Below are our provisional guidance and requirements when recommending such services at BB. If a particular coach/counsellor/psychotherapist does not fulfill the four tests outlined below, they should not be recommended through our community platform. Failure to meet our four tests does not necessarily preclude discussion of individual services, but you will need to choose your words carefully and the BB Team might respond with cautionary remarks where the individual practitioner fails one or more of our tests.

The four (provisional) tests:

[*]They must hold nationally recognised counselling and/or psychotherapy qualification

[*]They must belong to a professional governing body with fully developed complaints and disciplinary procedures

[*]The counsellor/psychotherapist must not promote their own services at BB

[*]The counsellor/therapist must be in good standing with BenzoBuddies.

If you have any comments or feedback, feel free to add them here (or if you prefer, in private).

Thank you! Because at least one of the various people mentioned (And I cringe every time I see this person mentioned, because I remember the incident that took place here), does not fit that criteria. I do an  ::) at the mention of their name, wasn't a fan to begin with, would never use them after what happened.  And lately I have seen that name coming up a lot, mostly from newer members who aren't aware of the 'incident', and what happened. So, I for one, am glad to see this policy in place. Might be the frequent mentioning that resulted in this policy. Not saying who, I know what would happen if I do. Been waiting/hoping a mod or admin stepped in.