Important Survey - Please Participate ×

What Do I Do With My Klonopin Stash

[ps...]

I have 150 2mg, and 175 1mg. Just starting taper at 1.5 mg. I don't trust myself with my stash, but I'm an addict and am not ready to throw it out. What do I do with it?

If you dont need it. Take it to a medication drop off location. Most places have a number of them....if not then just throw them out. If you are still using some of it, give the rest to a trusted friend or family member who can control your access.

Im surprised your Doctor prescribed that much?

Are you dependent or an addict?

I've been dependent on Klonopin for 30 plus years and even in the worst withdrawal I never craved it but just found out it reverses the torture. Even hard core street addicts they dont understsand why people even take it.

Give to a trusted person as stated above if you dont trust yourself-

I'm physiologically and psychologically dependent. Doctors didn't over prescribe, I cut down the dose on my own and horded the rest. Went from 2mg to 1mg on my own and stay don 1mg for a year before I built up a tolerance and had to go to 15mg as I had terrible insomnia only stopped by increasing the klonopin which I know set me back. Now I have to begin taper from 1.5 mg. I will be working with a osych nurse practitioner on this, but don't know what her protocol will be until my appt. on May 10th. I'm hoping for a slow self-driven taper of about .25 mg reduction every two months. Still don't know what to do with my stash. I'm keeping it in case I have to do  self-directed taper with no medical supervision. Not my first choice.

My husband kept them in the trunk of his car for a while. I haven't asked him about them for years. I'm done. I'm done. I'm done...

I'm physiologically and psychologically dependent. Doctors didn't over prescribe, I cut down the dose on my own and horded the rest. Went from 2mg to 1mg on my own and stay don 1mg for a year before I built up a tolerance and had to go to 15mg as I had terrible insomnia only stopped by increasing the klonopin which I know set me back. Now I have to begin taper from 1.5 mg. I will be working with a osych nurse practitioner on this, but don't know what her protocol will be until my appt. on May 10th. I'm hoping for a slow self-driven taper of about .25 mg reduction every two months. Still don't know what to do with my stash. I'm keeping it in case I have to do  self-directed taper with no medical supervision. Not my first choice.

Good Luck on the 10th~!

Just keep them somewhere cool for who knows what- Dont give them away or sell them-

I have some of different ones I just stick in a bowl with a lid in the closet