Important Survey - Please Participate ×

How to taper from 0.06mg Xanax?

[ei...]

Hi,

I need advice. I was prescribed 0.125mg Xanax 3X a day last October 2022 after traumatic life event. Panic attacks awakening at night. Also Titrated up with small dose at first of Escitalopram, couldn't handle it, stopped Dec 15.

They said antidepressants is the long term treatment for anxiety/depression?

April 2, 2023, started Fluoxetine (as this has worked for me decades ago):

5mg 3 weeks

10mg 3 weeks

Now on my 7th week low dose Fluoxetine. Still have that slight palpitations, some time of the day with slight faster heart rate. I know Prozac needs to be "onboarded", but my half functioning brain is thinking...are these xanax withdrawal effects? My symptoms are also similar to others starting Prozac. I also noticed this effects are more intense after some hours of drinking Prozac.

I counted the Xanax packs, In total I took about 40++ tablets of 0.25mg since October. My last take of Xanax was crumbs or less than 0.06mg last week. I am now holding back in taking more Xanax, maybe crumbs if I feel very anxious. How do I taper this???

Xanax withdrawal or Prozac onboarding effects??

In any case, can I get off Xanax now at 0.06mg? OR do I need it to onboard Prozac 10mg to 20mg?

Thanks

P.S. Sometimes I just lick the half tablet Xanax to feel "comfortable".

I believe some members are fairly confident to jump at .05 mgs Xanax so you can probably end your taper when you feel confident enough to do so. 

Okay thanks so much for the tip!

I will stay on the crumbs for weeks or months til the Prozac kicks in. I notice I get agitated on days where I don't take the crumbs of Xanax a few nights before.

Another groups says Prozac will have side effects every up dose until it fully works, I am only targeting the standard dose 20mg. I am now on 15mg.

THANKS! I hope to hear from other experiences as well.

I'm not sure you're doing yourself any favors by prolonging your taper like this, it almost feels like you're keeping your dependence going by using the Xanax this way, what do you think?

Thanks very much Pamster,

I will think about it. If others can jump, maybe I can?

The problem here I think is the Prozac.