I think I’m going through kindling or PWS

[Un...]

I adjusted my dose too fast two days ago and went back up to regular dose. Now I’m anxious, currently at work on 3 hours of sleep for the next 12 hours, I feel faint and weak. I had heart palpitations all night. I’m worried that now my body wants a higher dose than originally on. I’m so scared of this. I don’t want to go to detox. It’ll kill me. Someone please offer some words of encouragement.

Hi UniquelyMe,

I had a similar experience a few weeks ago after making a cut, knowing I had to face a really long workday. I think the thought of climbing that mountain really stressed me out and made my anxiety skyrocket, worsening all of my symptoms. I was able to calm down but not until after I was home. Basically, I understand how difficult it can be to have to work long shifts during this process. It's hell.

It looks like you wrote this yesterday. How are you feeling today? I'm not sure what dose you dropped down to and went back up to, but I can offer you this little bit of comfort. I've had that reaction after dropping down in dose. It was outrageously frightening and unlike anything I've felt but it went away. It's temporary. You got this.

I wanted to share the definition of kindling to give you a better idea about what's happening to you, what you're feeling is not kindling, unless you've started and stopped benzodiazepines completely before.  Kindling

PWS or PAWS is also not at play here, you're experiencing symptoms from altering your dose.  Any change we make will effect us and it can take days and even weeks before our nervous system settles down.  I don't know if you've ever steered a boat but this reminds me of that.  You make a slight course correction with the steering wheel but you don't feel the effects of that action for a few moments, then all of a sudden you're in too wide, too fast turn and your first inclination is to overcorrect but that's a bad idea too because chances are, you're going to turn too sharply again.  When starting out its best to make slight course adjustments then wait to see how big the impact will be, this process requires a superhuman amount of patience in the face of continued suffering.