Panicked the Panic Attic

[Si...]

Yes! After 4 months off xanax (after 12yrs on) and doing so well (see my previous post; under Accentuate the Positive), I had a big panic attack hit me this morning.  Oh, it was a good one; but, what did I do?  I jumped on the treadmill, quoted my panic attack attacking bible verses (Psalm 34:4; Jeremiah 29:11; 2 Timothy 1:7; etc) and panic got panicked and left!  :laugh: Praise God!

Blessings to you all; be determined and you will walk on water in the midst of the storm (Matthew 14:28, 29).

Good for you Sir William, attack that panic attack.  "Let us keep running the race marked out for us"  Hebrews 12:1

Stay strong  Linder

Yes! After 4 months off xanax (after 12yrs on) and doing so well (see my previous post; under Accentuate the Positive), I had a big panic attack hit me this morning.  Oh, it was a good one; but, what did I do?  I jumped on the treadmill, quoted my panic attack attacking bible verses (Psalm 34:4; Jeremiah 29:11; 2 Timothy 1:7; etc) and panic got panicked and left!  :laugh: Praise God!

Blessings to you all; be determined and you will walk on water in the midst of the storm (Matthew 14:28, 29).

Hi Sir William,

Please read the guidelines for posting a Success Story here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=17598.msg273091#msg273091

Also, if you would, please read the Forum User Manual in regard to posting scripture located here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=9681.0#post_rules-forum  and some additional guidance located here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=14650.0

Thank you,

Pamster

I've learned that the fastest way to kick a panic attack is to exercise-hard.  It seems counter intuitive because the last thing you want is to increase your heart rate, but it works. 

Yes, I believe exercise work; I have seen a noticeable difference. Sometimes all the other symptoms go away, sometimes not; but always come away feeling better.

I must confess, BenzoTorture, that it does seem "counter intuitive" to increase the heart rate more, but it works.  The reason is because our bodies are toxic and exercise is the main way to get toxins out of the body. Exercise does not only increase physical strength, but mental strength as well--which is very important in what most of us are facing.

Blessings!

Thanks lptc01, I usually do at least 30minutes on an elliptical at 12 resistance (on a 20 resistance level machine). On a side note, I just ordered the Insanity program (Shuan T); it's going to be butt kickin!  :yippee:

Blessings!

Hi Sir William,

I've moved this thread to the Anxiety board since it really doesn't fit the criteria for a Success Story, but thank you for letting us know how you were able to stave off the panic attack.

Pamster