Anybody get high blood pressure and tinnitus while tapering their benzo

[Tr...]

Has anyone gotten high blood pressure and tinnitus while tapering. I'm tapering Xanax and got fairly low in dosage and then my blood pressure shot up and I got tinnitus along with it. I also have POTS and thought I was having a flare up... Now I'm wondering if what's happened to me is actually withdrawal.

Tinnitus is so loud at times, sometimes I swear it's all I can hear.  For me it's really bad in the morning.

• Like 1

I've also noted this depending on where I am at in the taper and if I'm stable or not (less tinnitus if I'm more stable).
  • Like 1

Tinnitus is so loud at times, sometimes I swear it's all I can hear.  For me it's really bad in the morning.

It's the worst 😔

I've also noted this depending on where I am at in the taper and if I'm stable or not (less tinnitus if I'm more stable).

Thanks! It didn't happen to me until I was under .5 of Xanax. I don't know if it's bc I was getting so low in dose or if it was my POTS flaring up🙄

• 1 month later...
yep ringing in ears and high blood pressure. My doc was concerened cause my BP was really high....its usually normal. Its cause of benzos thats it. will return to normal once off.
  • Like 1

Has anyone gotten high blood pressure and tinnitus while tapering. I'm tapering Xanax and got fairly low in dosage and then my blood pressure shot up and I got tinnitus along with it. I also have POTS and thought I was having a flare up... Now I'm wondering if what's happened to me is actually withdrawal.

Tinnitus is a common withdrawal symptom.  Also,many members describe experiencing blood pressure spikes.  I experienced both.  The tinnitus eventually faded away.  I had hypertension before withdrawal and it's an ongoing issue I take meds for but I don't experience spikes like I did during withdrawal.

• Like 1