Metoprolol withdrawal

[de...]

Anyone here withdraw from Metoprolol?  I've been on 50mgs for about 5 months, and I'm wanting off.  I know I need something for high bp, but not this stuff.  It's horrible.  For me, that is.  Not supposed to stop abruptly, need to wean.

Anybody?

Thanks. 

Anyone here withdraw from Metprolol?  I've been on 50mgs for about 5 months, and I'm wanting off.  I know I need something for high bp, but not this stuff.  It's horrible.  For me, that is.  Not supposed to stop abruptly, need to wean.

Anybody?

Thanks.

What side effects have you found with it.. ?

I’ve been thinking the same about my propananol. I’m trying to wean as well. I went to a urgent care recently for an EKG (which was normal), and the doctor said “beta blockers make everyone feel awful”

Thanks for responding Bexlan, and workoutgirl. 

I had to go to A&E as well.  All normal. 

Followed up with MRI and needed to take Metropolol prior, so as to slow my heart rate for clear imaging. Had to have it done twice on different days because my heart kept speeding up making the images blurry.  Still could not get clear image.

Then had CT scan which produced good results.  Just can't seem to control my heart rate as get so anxious about every bloody thing.  Was never this anxious pre benzos.  I think the trauma of this whole thing plays a role.  That, alongside the standard WD stuff. 

So now I'm on 50mgs Metropolol a day to try control adrenaline.  So sucks. 

I'm experiencing:

When I first started taking it I hallucinated twice.  A mouse on the curtainrail, and brightly coloured ball moving across the wall.  Freaky.  The mouse.  😬  Also vivid dreams. 

Also,

Memory loss

Increased anxiety/dread

Depression

Malaise

Significant loss of hair

Weight loss/loss of appetite

Itch without rash

I get confused because some of this stuff can be related to benzo WD, but it seems different. A lot different. 

I can deal with most of it, but not the memory loss.  It's definitely effecting me cognitively.  Remembering names, simple multiplication.  It comes to me, but takes a while.  I'm not as sharp. 

I really want off it and will speak with doctor on Thursday. 

Thanks for your responses, feels so lonely otherwise. 

How are you tapering Propranolol workoutgirl? 

My very best to you both. :)

I was at 10mg 3x/day and my body literally could not handle it. So I dropped to 5/5/10, then I went to 5/5/5, then 5/5 and that’s where I’m at. 5mg 2x/day. My heart didn’t like it at first — PVCs. But the last two days my heart has been calm — it’s normal rhythm, rate and no PVCs all day. Now I have to get up the courage to do another drop. Probably the evening dose first cause mornings suck still.

I also have vivid awful dreams, but it makes by Bp drop and it’s low already. And it made my legs feel heavier. And my sleep is so much more broken.