4 months update

[Si...]

After being on xanax for 12yrs, I am now four months off that "pill from hell" (as some here have rightly called it  ;D). I am making major progress! This past week is the first time I have been able to go to work by myself in 2yrs (I own my own company). Here is a brief summary of how it has gone so far:

1st & 2nd month

1. Lots of panic attacks; most occuring in month 2; gripping, scary panic attacks that last for long periods of time

2. Blood pressure fluctuating alot; mostly high; resting heart rate high

3. Lots of nervous panicky feelings; anxiety attacks frequent; scary thoughts

4. Exercise intolerate

5. Light headed and dizzy; clouded mind; faint feeling

6. Missing lots of work

3rd month

1. Occasional panic attacks

2. Blood pressure fluctuating, but getting more to the normal range; more often low than high

3. Began exercising

4. Light headed and faint feeling often

5. Still lots of scary thoughts

4th month

1. A couple of very small panic attacks

2. Blood pressure in the normal range

3. Exercising a lot more  :yippee:

4. Light headed faint feeling occasionally

5. Head more clear; more confident; able to go to work by myself (wahoo!)  ;D

Thank the Lord Jesus for mercy. I'm not a 100% yet, but I am on my way! (Thank you Lord Jesus). Blessings to you all in your continued battle; do not give up.

WMC

Sir William:

From one who is tapering down to get off -- thanks for sharing your success story.  And a big amen to you for staying the course. 

More happy days ahead to you and your family!

God bless,

Rocko

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Sir William,

Thank you for posting your Success Story.

Managing anxiety and panic attacks takes time. Your recovery experience is pretty typical of our members that took benzos for similar reasons to you. It takes time and practice to develop coping strategies, but as you have reported, it does come.

You know, it won't be long before all this is just a distant memory.

Take care, and good luck,

Colin.

This is an awesome post, William.

I am 9 weeks off (so a little into my third month) Klonopin after getting sick while dry cutting and continuing illness since then despite finishing off with a slow liquid taper. Mentally I am a wreck and I was wondering how the symptoms would diminish and when. I know everyone is different but still this gives me a little something to look forward to next month (I hope)

God bless you :)

• 6 months later...

After being on xanax for 12yrs, I am now four months off that "pill from hell" (as some here have rightly called it  ;D). I am making major progress! This past week is the first time I have been able to go to work by myself in 2yrs (I own my own company). Here is a brief summary of how it has gone so far:

1st & 2nd month

1. Lots of panic attacks; most occuring in month 2; gripping, scary panic attacks that last for long periods of time

2. Blood pressure fluctuating alot; mostly high; resting heart rate high

3. Lots of nervous panicky feelings; anxiety attacks frequent; scary thoughts

4. Exercise intolerate

5. Light headed and dizzy; clouded mind; faint feeling

6. Missing lots of work

3rd month

1. Occasional panic attacks

2. Blood pressure fluctuating, but getting more to the normal range; more often low than high

3. Began exercising

4. Light headed and faint feeling often

5. Still lots of scary thoughts

4th month

1. A couple of very small panic attacks

2. Blood pressure in the normal range

3. Exercising a lot more  :yippee:

4. Light headed faint feeling occasionally

5. Head more clear; more confident; able to go to work by myself (wahoo!)  ;D

Thank the Lord Jesus for mercy. I'm not a 100% yet, but I am on my way! (Thank you Lord Jesus). Blessings to you all in your continued battle; do not give up.

WMC

Thanks for posting this.