Moby is six months off Klonopin today...

[Mo...]

...and I'm doing well!

(mild symptoms gradually fading)

Klonopin .5-1 mg for 18 years

Ambien 10 mgs. For 7 years

Last dose of K July 27 2010

Last dose of Ambien October 2010

Hi i really feel happy that you are free form K now and hope soon you will have a normal life i want to be free from it to i'm on 1 MG a day i hope soon i will be free like you i'm on it about three years ,you have been taking it for a long time so you did and gave me the force to do that i wannnt ot be freeee.

wish you all the best from  KOSOVO

Cogratulations.. Im so Happy to har your at 6 months. Im at 6 months in 2 days and i'll be writing  my storie .For now I just wanna say congrats and stay well. Never turn back and God bless..

Thank you, everyone.  It's been a brutally hard road - as all of you know - but I'm here to assure you it does get better and the journey is well worth it.  Continued healing to all of you.

Moby

Moby,

CONGRATS!!!

I was really worried about you when you posted back in September about being fearful of coming off of Ambien. I wrote a long rant about the evils and perils of that drug in the hopes that it might nudge you a little further toward getting off.

Well, I don't know we folks here on BBs nudged you at all, or if you made up your own mind and just did it. Anyway, how you did it is not really important... the fact that you did it is of paramount, dare I say, lifesaving importance!!!

Congratulations to you!

By the way, each successive month off of Ambien, I sleep better and better... not 100% yet... but improving every month both in average time slept each night and in terms of sleep quality. Just wanted to let you know that sleep continues to improve slowly over a long period of time after stopping Ambien.  You have more healing and ever-improving sleep to look forward to.

Did I say congratulations?  Hmmm... I just cannot recall. Must be the benzo brain  ;) , so in case not, I'll say it again:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Best Wishes on your continued healing,

Albie

Thanks Albie!

It was your encouragement (and advice from other members) that convinced me to kick Ambien.  I also found a benzo addiction doc who switched me to a low dose of Trazodone to help me sleep.  I take 25 mgs. of Trazodone and I'm slowly tapering off that.  My sleep is generally pretty good now, but as you know, Ambien was a nightmare to kick. Even though I still have some mild symptoms, I'll take those over the way I felt on Klonopin and Ambien any day of the week.

I really appreciate all your advice and help, and I wish you all the best.

Thank you Mobyk for posting your success story.  It was just what I needed to read after the last month.  I will be 5 months free tomorrow but still suffering horribly.  I am so happy for you - continued good luck with your success. 

Love from Hoping2BFree